Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks @Mickey

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Just wanted to thank mickey and everyone that throws the Salado drunkfest...er, eggfest. Another unbelievable time. A shout out to Russ and his crew who deliver and setup the eggs. Also to Will at the inn....awesome place and service. I'll post more after the fog lifts.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    I"ll be waiting ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Agreed. I'd had a blast meeting everyone and watching Steven talk about beating up Austrians.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    I wasn't there and cannot fully appreciate the level of effort required to pull off an Eggfest (especially one of such popularity and noteriety) but many thanks to @Mickey and @Spring_Chicken and many others who put in the time and effort to make it happen.  Some day I will make it...enjoy recovery day!!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    Options
    Always good to see the eggers from Spring.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Great job all who were involved in putting it on and to all the cooks. Well done everyone!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Wife and I had a great time and was awesome meeting everyone. @henapple‌ the wife is still talking about those jalapeños.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It was greatness. Political correctness flew out the window early. My sides and face hurt from Laughing so hard. For those who skipped the after party, I don't know what you did but we won :D
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Yeah waiting to board homeward flight now. Best fest Norma and I have attended. Thanks Mic!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, great event!
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Steven, I hope you laid off the Makers last night. TSA will give you the stink eye.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Best fest!!!!Kudos to Mickey the chicken and the people at Ace for making this the best with the funnest after party.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Options
    Many thanks to @Mickey and @Spring_Chicken,  Keith's Hardware and others for a super great time. As usual, Will, et al, at the Inn were absolutely wonderful. Cannot wait for March 2015.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Mickey - I don't know how you convince the village elders to let a bunch of drunks invade your sweet village every year.. but please keep doing it. I haven't made it to any other eggfest but I've been to Salado twice. You set the bar high and I'm afraid of being disappointed. 

Thanks to Mickey and Mr Chicken for organizing. It was an absolute blast to hang out with friends new and old, cook, drink, and generally be merry. 

But next year, @henapple needs a leash and muzzle before being allowed in public. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Mickey - I don't know how you convince the village elders to let a bunch of drunks invade your sweet village every year.. but please keep doing it. I haven't made it to any other eggfest but I've been to Salado twice. You set the bar high and I'm afraid of being disappointed. 

Thanks to Mickey and Mr Chicken for organizing. It was an absolute blast to hang out with friends new and old, cook, drink, and generally be merry. 

But next year, @henapple needs a leash and muzzle before being allowed in public. 

and who brought the raccoon?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thanks @caliking. But I thought the electric ankle bracelet this year would do it. My bad, will do better next year my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    @henapple:  Bruce and I sure enjoyed meeting you.  Great time had by all!!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Mickey
    Options
    @henapple:  Bruce and I sure enjoyed meeting you.  Great time had by all!!!

Kelly please don't be nice to him. He will only come back next year.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    My first eggfest and can't wait to for the next;
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse
  • henapple
    Options
    I'll never be back..my feelings are hurt.
  • Mickey
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Well I will always have this to remember you by. Are you on the right or left? image