Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coined Today - Way OT

Options
Got coined today by the Major General commanding the US Army Security Assistance Command (USASAC).  Only been coined once before since working for the Army.  Here are my PEO STRI/CSG and USASAC coins.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Nice! I love challenge coins. My wife has some neat ones from work.
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    Nice man i've been in for 15 years only one challenge coin,  Chief of defence staff Gen Rick Hiller Rtd,,,,,  The only CDS that ever cared about the troops.  I was sad to see him go......   

A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    nice doc!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Very nice, thanks for sharing. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Just in case you don't know, the way this goes is the the giver, in this case the MG, offers his hand for a shake with the coin in his palm.  It is often a ceremony, but also spur of the moment and unexpected.  Mine was the latter.  Probably not that big a deal for many, but means a lot to me.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I'll look for some of mine. I think I have 15 or 20
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Pretty cool.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Government folks have tons of them here, contractors don't get much recognition for their contributions so it means more.  On the other hand, yours were likely earned with blood, sweat and tears.  I came late to the Army, and a bone tossed my way once in awhile means a lot.  That in no way diminishes my recognition of the Warfighter.

• Eggcelsior
    Options
    The coolest I've seen was a DOD one at an Apple store. It was a special Ops one and I hate not remembering exactly what. He challenged my wife when he saw her badge.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    The coolest I've seen was a DOD one at an Apple store. It was a special Ops one and I hate not remembering exactly what. He challenged my wife when he saw her badge.
    So, she bought him a beer :-)

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited March 2014
    Options

When did they start giving them to E-2's. Teach you to not come around.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Very nice Doc.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Government folks have tons of them here, contractors don't get much recognition for their contributions so it means more.  On the other hand, yours were likely earned with blood, sweat and tears.  I came late to the Army, and a bone tossed my way once in awhile means a lot.  That in no way diminishes my recognition of the Warfighter.
    I agree. The contractors are generally a good group of folks who make my job much much better. (insert hat tipping emoji here)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

So, she bought him a beer :-)

Luckily, she had her Treasury and Ft Knox coins.