Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cyber-q Wifi Email alerts help

Options
I have the BBQ Guru cyber-q wifi...overall I am very happy with it...My challenge is that I can't seem to make the email alerts work.
Doing a low and slow today, so I thought it might be a good day to experiment...

I have contacted Guru support many times and they have provided me with a word doc to mirror the settings...I have been thru it line by line and recycled the unit, but still no successful alerts.  Support thinks my ISP may be blocking SMTP port 587 and referred me to my service provider...thing is I have been able to successfully test 587 with telnet, so I know the port isnt being blocked....and I think I have used mail clients on 587 with no issues in the past.

Anyone out there successfully using the email alerts function of the Cyber-q Wifi that wouldn't mind sharing their config settings?

Thanks in advance.

Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...

Comments