Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING-Mad MaxBeyond Eggdome

Options
dblR
dblR Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Max, would you please send me a list and the quantities for your herbs and spices for your turkey rub. I finally got my Guru and new band for my XL. I found someone who is getting me a non frozen 28# bird. I will figure out proportions if you will be so kind to help.[p]Tried your prime rib recipe with the Char Crust Rub. It was MAXilicious!![p]Ralph

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    dblR,
    i really don't have any specific quantities other than those posted (i.e. the 4 sticks of butter and the bottle of wine). ....[p]as far as herbs, i stick a fistfull in the stock pot and a fistful in the bird, and i chop up a couple of sprigs of each herb for the butter paste. . ..i usually use rosemary, sage and thyme, but i've also used some tarragon as well. . .[p]for a 28 pounder (that's a big bird), i might go a third stick of butter for the paste. ..but the rest is the same. ..if you think you don't have enough juices in the pan after an hour or two, then throw a couple of cups of apple juice into the pan, or some additional wine, or even a little chicken broth. . ..it'l all work towards the same great results. ...[p]HTH. . ..glad you liked the prime rib!! . .

• dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks for your help. Now if you would send four handfuls of your homegrown herbs and spices as I don't have a herb garden! LOL!! The XL is awesome; lot of grate. Holds temp great. Dr. bbq was right about Trexing steaks tho, it is a lot of hot at 800* when you go to turn steaks!!! But you sure can cook alot of them at one time; just use welding gloves and get help to turn them real fast! LOL![p]I'm glad I told you and some others about Mr. Toads creation at Eggtoberfest. I now know it is just up to one's imagination and the egg. [p]Had a brief moment with the Dizzy Pig Team at the Jack! great to meet Woodoggies and say hello to Bob again. Sounds like a nice B'day party was had. Tell Nature Boy I like that idea for an extra hour to party party.[p]I'll be lurking. Thanks for being there for Todd.[p]Spatchcock chicken is now every Sunday after church fixed menu.[p]Ralph