Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Do y'all clean your drip pans?

buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,286
I've been using roasting pans to catch my drippings.  They're cheap at Costco, but it seems wasteful to always toss them.  I usually use older ones that have been used a few times for other things, so they're about worn out anyway.  They're not terribly expensive at Costco, but still...

What do y'all do for drip pans?
NOLA
·

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,459
    13x9 brownie pan lined with aluminum foil. Ez cleanup
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,710
    I do foil around my CGS drip pan. How do drippings find their way through the foil, that's the headscratcher.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    I found a stainless steel pan at Goodwill that fits the large BGE. It goes in the oven in the kitchen when we self-clean the oven. Most of the time I line it with foiland don't worry about it. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·
  • sstripes96sstripes96 Posts: 142
    For long messy cooks I use the disposable foil pans. They are dirt cheap and it saves on cleanup.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
    ·
  • I have a stainless drip pan for my AR that is covered in foil when in use.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,220
    edited March 2014
    Disposable pan here. And so thrifty I line with HDAF so I can reuse it. And to top it off the disposable pans I currently use are from frozen lasagna. Thrifty...ok maybe I'm cheap. :-). Then when it becomes to black etc it gets tossed.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • DuranhlerDuranhler Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    CheepAzz here... $-)
    I foil the cheapo pans and re-use until their all bent up, twisted or smashed.
    They get tossed if the foil had a pinhole & leaked thru.
    I hate it when that happens!
      ~X(
    Peoria, AZ == XL BGE, Weber 22.5 Redhead, Fiesta Blue Ember Gasser
    ·
  • RzeancakRzeancak Posts: 157
    I never use a drip pan. If I go indirect I let the juices sizzle on the plate setter.
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I use disposable sometimes during a low and slow. I just keep turning the Oval stone over every few cooks to let the fire clean in. Easy peasy.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,894
    edited March 2014
    I usually just make a drip pan from foil. For bigger cuts i use a disposable pan, but usually foil alone works fine.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,786
    One of these suckers with foil on it.  (Mine's not that shiny though.)

Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Disposable steam table pans here from Sams club...like 8 bucks for 30...if they aren't too bad I will rice out and use again but usually I toss em...I figure at 30 cents a piece I can afford to not worry about them much.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,337
    grege345 said:
    13x9 brownie pan lined with aluminum foil. Ez cleanup

+ 1 except I use a Walmart lasagna pan. It fits perfect on the platesetter.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 739
    Disposable steam table pans here from Sams club...like 8 bucks for 30...if they aren't too bad I will rice out and use again but usually I toss em...I figure at 30 cents a piece I can afford to not worry about them much.
    +1 - Same here

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

·
  • fence0407fence0407 Posts: 1,287
    Disposable steam table pans here from Sams club...like 8 bucks for 30...if they aren't too bad I will rice out and use again but usually I toss em...I figure at 30 cents a piece I can afford to not worry about them much.
    +1 - Same here
    +2 - Disposable pans from Costco. SWMBO says that she has to wash enough dishes after my cooks to begin with, so any time I can use disposable items, it's much appreciated.
    Large & Mini, Cumming, GA  
    image - 2009 Alumni
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,286
    Thanks for the input, everyone.  It's always interesting to see how many ways a technique is addressed on here.

I think i will stick with the disposable pans for now, as they're so cheap, but I like to see all the alternative methods out there.
    NOLA
    ·