Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Do y'all clean your drip pans?

Options
buzd504
buzd504 Posts: 3,824
I've been using roasting pans to catch my drippings.  They're cheap at Costco, but it seems wasteful to always toss them.  I usually use older ones that have been used a few times for other things, so they're about worn out anyway.  They're not terribly expensive at Costco, but still...

What do y'all do for drip pans?
NOLA

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    13x9 brownie pan lined with aluminum foil. Ez cleanup
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I do foil around my CGS drip pan. How do drippings find their way through the foil, that's the headscratcher.
    Seattle, WA
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    I found a stainless steel pan at Goodwill that fits the large BGE. It goes in the oven in the kitchen when we self-clean the oven. Most of the time I line it with foiland don't worry about it. 
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    Options
    For long messy cooks I use the disposable foil pans. They are dirt cheap and it saves on cleanup.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I have a stainless drip pan for my AR that is covered in foil when in use.
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Disposable pan here. And so thrifty I line with HDAF so I can reuse it. And to top it off the disposable pans I currently use are from frozen lasagna. Thrifty...ok maybe I'm cheap. :-). Then when it becomes to black etc it gets tossed.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Duranhler
    Duranhler Posts: 78
    edited March 2014
    Options
    CheepAzz here... $-)
    I foil the cheapo pans and re-use until their all bent up, twisted or smashed.
    They get tossed if the foil had a pinhole & leaked thru.
    I hate it when that happens!
      ~X(
    Peoria, AZ == XL BGE, Weber 22.5 Redhead, Fiesta Blue Ember Gasser
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    I never use a drip pan. If I go indirect I let the juices sizzle on the plate setter.
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I use disposable sometimes during a low and slow. I just keep turning the Oval stone over every few cooks to let the fire clean in. Easy peasy.
    Dunedin, FL
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I usually just make a drip pan from foil. For bigger cuts i use a disposable pan, but usually foil alone works fine.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    One of these suckers with foil on it.  (Mine's not that shiny though.)

Packerland, Wisconsin

• Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    Disposable steam table pans here from Sams club...like 8 bucks for 30...if they aren't too bad I will rice out and use again but usually I toss em...I figure at 30 cents a piece I can afford to not worry about them much.
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    grege345 said:
    13x9 brownie pan lined with aluminum foil. Ez cleanup

+ 1 except I use a Walmart lasagna pan. It fits perfect on the platesetter.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • bbqlearner
    bbqlearner Posts: 760
    Options
    Disposable steam table pans here from Sams club...like 8 bucks for 30...if they aren't too bad I will rice out and use again but usually I toss em...I figure at 30 cents a piece I can afford to not worry about them much.
    +1 - Same here

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    +1 - Same here
    +2 - Disposable pans from Costco. SWMBO says that she has to wash enough dishes after my cooks to begin with, so any time I can use disposable items, it's much appreciated.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Thanks for the input, everyone.  It's always interesting to see how many ways a technique is addressed on here.

I think i will stick with the disposable pans for now, as they're so cheap, but I like to see all the alternative methods out there.
    NOLA