Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: cazzy's a righteous dude (Franklin art)

Some of you may remember the photo @cazzy took of Franklin's place some time back.  I thought it was pretty sweet, so we worked something out and look what showed up on my doorstep this weekend:

Tried to find a place in the house with decent lighting - I think this spot will do:

A close-up:

If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
·

Comments

• jls9595jls9595 Posts: 1,314
    wow, sweet!  
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,915
    Awesome!!! True American art!
    ·
  • Really cool!

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,964
    Sweet! 

And  I dig your taste in scotch.  Did you try any of the Islay distillers' editions? 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    That looks great !!
    Toronto
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Very cool

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,455
    caliking said:
    Sweet! 

And  I dig your taste in scotch.  Did you try any of the Islay distillers' editions? 

I've had the Lagavulin 16 and the Laphroaig 10. They're a bit too peaty for me. What are your favorites?
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

Currently in Albuquerque, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,418
    Aw crap. Do we have to be nice to him now that he has hung something? That is sweet.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • The Macallan appears to have had some use.  Great picture by the way.  Hats off to Cazzy.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • QDudeQDude Posts: 605
    I think that Cazzy could sell these to fellow eggers.  Or perhaps do a raffle for one for a good cause.

A northern Colorado Egghead since 2012!

XL and a Small BGE.

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,933
    edited March 2014
    QDude said:

I think that Cazzy could sell these to fellow eggers.  Or perhaps do a raffle for one for a good cause.

They're for sell now. :)

I can see myself doing one signed by Aaron Franklin for a raffle some day. If Aaron hangs it up like he said he would, I may get lots of orders.
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • corey24corey24 Posts: 317
    Looks fantastic!

XL Egg Owner Since Dec 2013 - Louisiana

·
    A good charity to give to in this case might be @cazzy's orthopedic surgeon.

·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    cazzy said:

QDude said:

I can see myself doing one signed by Aaron Franklin for a raffle some day. If Aaron hangs it up like he said he would, I may get lots of orders.
    I was really hoping he would have already hung it when I went Saturday but not yet. Plenty of good spots for it.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·

cazzy said:

QDude said:

I was really hoping he would have already hung it when I went Saturday but not yet. Plenty of good spots for it.
    Me too. He said the problem was figuring out how to put it up without it walking. Then described some way he could do it that made zero sense to me.

·
    edited March 2014

A good charity to give to in this case might be @cazzy's orthopedic surgeon.

Lmao

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,423
    Maybe he used it to line his dogs kennel?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,964
    caliking said:
    Sweet! 

I've had the Lagavulin 16 and the Laphroaig 10. They're a bit too peaty for me. What are your favorites?
    I usually have Lagavulin 16 on hand. The Lagavulin Distiller's Edition is about the best scotch I have ever had. I'm a big fan of the Balvenie too... most recently had a bottle of the 15yo. I've tried most of the Islay single malts and like Lagavulin 16 the best. The Ardberg was about the most peaty single malt I have tasted, and I doubt I would buy it again. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,441
    That looks really nice!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
    caliking said:
    caliking said:
    Sweet! 

I usually have Lagavulin 16 on hand. The Lagavulin Distiller's Edition is about the best scotch I have ever had. I'm a big fan of the Balvenie too... most recently had a bottle of the 15yo. I've tried most of the Islay single malts and like Lagavulin 16 the best. The Ardberg was about the most peaty single malt I have tasted, and I doubt I would buy it again. 
    Have you tried any of the Juras?

·