Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THE Blue Angels Are BACK

Options
NPHuskerFL
NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
2014 U.S.N. Blue Angels Winter Training (3/6/1…: http://youtu.be/OE4WoDwbWJU
I am proud to have served USN. The Blue Angels are quite simply poetry at Mach speed! Go Navy!
LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Did Obama get the deficit paid off?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Being a Navy Vet as well all I can say is About Damn Time. Quite a travisty when you take something like that away from the public.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited March 2014
    Options
    @Little Steven....this guy won't even go there! Like I said "I Proudly Served".
    TUTTLE871 said:

Being a Navy Vet as well all I can say is About Damn Time. Quite a travisty when you take something like that away from the public.

Ya damn Skippy! Go Navy! The best pilots in the world as far as I'm concerned. And anyone who disagrees. ..fly a jet in pitch black with rolling seas and land it on a flight deck that is barely long enough to land on to begin with. Yep The Absolute Best!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Did Obama get the deficit paid off?
    Nope......just no longer punishing those of us that actually pay taxes by shutting off the few federal gov amenities that we actually WANT and ENJOY (museums, airshows, national parks, etc.)
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Now on to NASA. Just saying :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • mukl
    mukl Posts: 66
    Options
    Being from Seattle, our biggest event of the summer, Seafair, was a complete flop last year without the Blue Angels. 

I've often said to my friends, "...if you ever lose contact with me, the Thursday of Seafair I'll be on the west side of Mercer Island watching the Blue Angels for the rest of my life."

Fortunately that usually repeats Friday and Saturday and occasionally Sunday.

Needless to say, it makes my summer that they're back.

• chashans
    chashans Posts: 418
    Options
    @Little Steven....this guy won't even go there! Like I said "I Proudly Served".
    Ya damn Skippy! Go Navy! The best pilots in the world as far as I'm concerned. And anyone who disagrees. ..fly a jet in pitch black with rolling seas and land it on a flight deck that is barely long enough to land on to begin with. Yep The Absolute Best!
    X2    image
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Now on to NASA. Just saying :-)
    Go NASA !!!   I love checking the status of missions on the JPL website as well as the JHU/APL website.  Looking forward to the Horizon rendezvous with Pluto & Charon.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• RV10Flyer
    RV10Flyer Posts: 140
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up and thank you for your service. They will be in Fort Worht next month, awesome.

North Texas

XL and Small BGE

• konablue50
    Options
    I love the Blue Angels. I've seen them multiple times down here in South Florida. Our company has also used one of their ex pilots who is a motivational speaker, John Foley. He was outstanding to listen to as he gave a peek behind the scenes with what goes on.

http://johnfoleyinc.com/

Gordon
    South Florida
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    My favorite way to view the Blue Angels is fishing at the pass coming out of Pensacola Beach/Perdidio Key while they practice overhead.   Best way to "waste" a day ever.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    My wife is from Beeville and the Blue Angels would do shows at the Navy base often.
    She's always been a big fan of the BA.

My wife said it was a regular thing for the Navy to do a flyover before kickoff at their high school. That would be pretty cool.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Whaler
    Whaler Posts: 110
    Options
    My favorite way to view the Blue Angels is fishing at the pass coming out of Pensacola Beach/Perdidio Key while they practice overhead.   Best way to "waste" a day ever.
    Love it, go fishing get an airshow!
    I don't know if they are everywhere but at the Home of the Blue Angels here in Pensacola
    there are thousands of bumper stickers that read "Ground Air Force One Not Our Blue Angels"
    Pensacola,FL
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Saw them fly over a stadium...then a bald eagle flew to midfield to its handler after the Star Spangle Banner. I wanted to kill a commie...After I got done crying.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    Options
    henapple said:

Saw them fly over a stadium...then a bald eagle flew to midfield to its handler after the Star Spangle Banner. I wanted to kill a commie...After I got done crying.

I love reading some of the stupid **** you post to Kimber! :P
  • Little Steven
    edited March 2014
    Options
    henapple said:
    I don't care what the no show says. That was sheer poetry...I think.
    :-??

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    Options

henapple said:

I don't care what the no show says. That was sheer poetry...I think.
    :-??

Damn LS. :(
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I travelled all that way just to meet you and you got a bob boo and couldn't come over?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cazzy
    Options

I travelled all that way just to meet you and you got a bob boo and couldn't come over?

Yeah man...I'm still pretty sad about it. Especially since I would have caught cen on a bad day and won the brisket throwdown! :P

From what I gather...I'm shocked you remember your visit to the Americas at all. I figured your trip was like Hangover. Woke up naked at home spooning Cen-Tex's packer brisket wondering how the hell it was Monday. Checked the forum, saw yourself eating and drinking PBR with the likes of henapple, Mickey and Caliking. Norma telling you over and over about how many of henapple's chocolate cherry poppers she had likely didn't make sense this morning. Then the real kicker, all of your moose schlongs are missing, but you don't even recall tasting the meaty morsels of love.