Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stupendous Salado Eggfest Experience

Options
Hotch
Hotch Posts: 3,564

Mickey:

Just wanted to thank you for a wonderful weekend and for your stupendous hospitality.  Everyone involved with your Eggfest are the best and absolutely the most fun bunch of folks we have encountered in years.  Our first time to cook was such a pleasant experience (it wore us out) but it was well worth the fun, fellowship and good food!  Meeting the guys on the forum like Henapple, Spring Chicken and Spring Hen, Little Steven and his wife Norma. Kelly, Joan and the multitude of other great folks.  You all made us feel very welcome and part of the Eggheads.

We have been asked for all of the recipes that we prepared (Mini Egg bites, Chorizo Heaters and the Glazed Pineapple bites) as soon as we recouperate we will get them posted...this Egghead bunch is a drinking bunch and I don't think I have done that in a long time, much fun!

We can't wait until next year. 

Shelly (Hotch's better half - SWMBO)

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
BGE Chiminea
Prosper, TX

Comments

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Salado gets better every year. Cooked at every one and love meeting new eggheads. You folks did great, cooked like seasoned eggheads!
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Thanks so much for being here. It's people like you that make it. Thank you
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    The glazed pineapple bites were mentioned more than once from my group. Job well done on everything!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    see y'all next year.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Sure great to meet you, Hotch.  Bruce sure enjoyed spending time visiting with you.  GREAT first cook at an Eggfest.  Keep up the good work....and we'll see you soon!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Good to meet you too Shelly! Thank you for the sugar.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    So glad you had a good time. It was a pleasure meeting you both. Once you attend an Eggfest and put a face with a name it becomes so much more fun. Welcome and thanks for the many pieces (i did distribute) of glazed pineapple. See you next year!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Those glazed pineapple bites were sinful and @henapple‌ had those jalapeños with chocolate and bacon that were out of this world. @Little Steven‌ Pork Skewers were damn tasty. You need to post the marinade recipe.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.