Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cordon Bleu Chicken Jacques Pépin style (pics heavy)

Options
paqman
paqman Posts: 4,670
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
Thank you @Carolina_Q for posting the How to de-bone a chicken Jacques Pépin video a few weeks ago.

Here's the link to the video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kAekQ5fzfGM

I took the plunge and decided to do one and stuff it Cordon Bleu style (ham and swiss cheese). It was a success but I made one mistake while de-boning the chicken; I made a slice in the breasts instead of on the back. I ended up with two de-boned chicken halves. It was not a big deal but I had a hard time using the twine to make them hold together. I ended up wrapping them with bacon and then I used twine. Delicious!

Baked on the egg indirect @ 450-500F for 50 minutes.

Finished product:
imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    No idea how it tasted but that is a great looking cook-and any audible that involves bacon is a winner!  Most eggcellent!  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Good looking meal
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Options
    Looks good from here.

So often, little mistakes such as you may have made necessitates improv, that leads to bigger and better things. Take it and apply it elsewhere. The mother of invention.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!