Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket is on

13»

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 6,808
    Looks good, nice smoke ring and looks moist and not dry at all. Good job!
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • nailed it dude. The rub laid down just the way you want it to and the texture looks perfect. That's exactly the way I like mine to look. I'm sure it tastes great.Congrats!

·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    I cant tell you how amazing this tastes
    Toronto
    ·
    edited March 2014
    This must be what it feels like when your child makes the honour roll
    Toronto
    ·
  • I cant tell you how amazing this tastes
    now you know

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,930
    Looks great!!! GJ
    Join the 2015 Rub & Sauce Exchange!  Find out more information here:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1182005/2015-egghead-rub-sauce-exchange/p1

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,422
    Congrats and enjoy the eats-the hook has been planted!
    Louisville
    ·
  • HolepuncherHolepuncher Posts: 263
    This may be the wrong analogy today, but, I found myself reading this with the same intensity of a pilot on the ground helping a rookie pilot land after the instructor has passed out. Only on this forum, where so much help is given and appreciated.
    Hendersonville, TN.
    ·
    I will say that much of the conversation over our dinner was spent trying to describe this forum and the support surrounding it .
    Putting into words not only doesn't do it justice but also makes it sound so weird.

Cooking this brisket was a journey for sure .

Thanks for coming along for the ride !!
    Toronto
    ·
  • buzd504buzd504 Posts: 1,221
    That looks great.  Glad it turned out.

I will be trying this as soon as I have a free weekend to devote to it (which looks like may not be until May).
    NOLA
    ·
  • Putting into words not only doesn't do it justice but also makes it sound so weird. So true. When you talk to normal people, they get the 1000 mile stare when you try to explain it.

·
    That stare goes away after the first bite
    Toronto
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    Cyber brisketing
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Congrats on it Phil!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Thanks Steve .

Are you back ? ?
    Toronto
    ·
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,079
    Looks great Pantsy.  After doing one myself this weekend, I'm definetly hooked.
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
    Yeah I hear ya Saluki ,
    Now that I have experienced truly amazing brisket I will be chasing that.
    Yesterday I learned why people love brisket

It really ruined every brisket I have eaten before this .

Toronto
    ·
    Now you know why us Texas Folk pass on burnt ends. I enjoy a perfectly cooked point too much to pour more rub and sauce all over it!

·
    Up until last night I never understood why you Texans would eat brisket without Sauce .

So now i have the whole point as leftovers .

what should i do with it ?
    Toronto
    ·
  • minniemohminniemoh Posts: 1,303
    Great cook @pantsypants. Looks perfect!

I had a packer on yesterday too. Mine didn't get much smoke for some reason. It was tender and the rub tasted good but no significant smoke. No cut pics as I had 20 people waiting to eat after church. No brisket leftovers either... damn. I know what you mean about not needing sauce after you get a good one. 
    L x2, M, S, and Mini. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
    ·
  • Up until last night I never understood why you Texans would eat brisket without Sauce .

eat it?

I slice it and food saver in 1lb packs. I warm that in my sous vide but just a hot tub in the sink for 10 min or so will warm it up perfectly. Eat it plain or make a sammich on cheap white bread with a little sauce and you will be happy.

·

Up until last night I never understood why you Texans would eat brisket without Sauce .

eat it?

I slice it and food saver in 1lb packs. I warm that in my sous vide but just a hot tub in the sink for 10 min or so will warm it up perfectly. Eat it plain or make a sammich on cheap white bread with a little sauce and you will be happy.

"The whole point as leftovers"

We will learn him right cen! You know at our homes, the point is the first thing that gets attacked! We will learn him right....

·
  • That my friend, is a thing of beauty!!!! Great job!
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Weber Performer.
    If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,808

Like @cazzy mentioned, the point is where I start eating. I'm planning to make a Guinness Beef Stew later today using my leftover flat/point mix I had in the freezer from one I did that was just way too big for the eaters I had. Here's what I'm planning to try, first time, so no idea how it will turn out.

My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
    I am still so full !!!

I will eat it though

Toronto
    ·