Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini for sale

Options
krobertsmsn
krobertsmsn Posts: 655
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hi folks-selling mini w/eggcessories if anyone interested-package only

Purchased Nov 2013-used 4 times.

Mini w/nest-lightly used- $400
2-8x5/8 California pizza stones-used twice-$36. High quality. www.californiapizzastones.com
Woo ring $56
CI grate $21 
High Que grate $25 
Rutland Gasket (not installed)

Total $538 plus tax and shipping-roughly $100= approx $638 new

Sell for $450 firm. I have receipt.

I'm in NW GA-Rome, GA

Like-new condition
LBGE 4/2012, MBGE 6/2012 & Mini 11/2013
Rome, GA

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    How long have you lived in Rome? I went to Berry College 11 years ago.

Why are you selling your mini?

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• krobertsmsn
    Options
    Moved here 1/2009! Love it!
    Rome, GA
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Its hard enough paying a dealer $400 for a mini and that's with lifetime warranty.

I.know you have accessories, good luck.
    Seattle, WA
  • krobertsmsn
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Thanks
    Am I wrong that a receipt is what is required for warranty? Perhaps. I thought BGE told me this on the phone in an unrelated conversation. Either way, those that are interested in the mini and those particular accessories might see the value, especially if they price the items out themselves, tax, shipping etc. It's all basically new and almost $200 less than new prices. I would have gladly paid it when I bought mine. I couldn't find a used one near me!

;;)
    Rome, GA
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, why you selling?
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Lack of use. I prefer med and lg. I can just roll them out to use. I have to bend over, pick it up (>35 lbs with CI grid), place on a table that I have pulled out. I am not a strong women sooo.... I don't have a place I can keep it set up to use. :((
    Rome, GA
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Ok. I was really hoping you had another Egg still. I guess if I would have looked at your tag I would have seen that. Good luck selling. I can't justify a mini either. I have been considering a small but now I want to see a mini-max in person. That may be my second.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • krobertsmsn
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If the minimax had a rolling nest I would jump at it! I should have thought it through a little more before I bought it but I really wanted it. I think the novelty was more the inspiration!
    Rome, GA
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    ok, so no bites...
    If you were selling, what is a FAIR price w/all considered??? 
    Rome, GA
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Not to rain on your party, but no the warrenty doesn't transfer, which kills the resale value for most people. I'd be guessing but maybe $250 with the acc would be fair? (Not that I'm offering) sorry, hope it helps!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I could see that if were older and more used...
    Rome, GA
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I have bought 2 used minis. One I paid $100 and the other $140. The demos at salado were $299 if that helps you price them and at ga mountain fest they are $359 but that includes $40 worth of tickets to the fest. Both of those come with warranty. I think the previous poster is correct around $250. Maybe $300 with the accessories.
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    It really surprises me that as much as eggs cost new people just don't want to pay a fair price for a used.If I couldn't get close to what I wanted just keep it.Everyone including myself brags on the egg,I have 5 don't know why people think used ones should be so cheap,if they don't hold resale no better than that maybe we should change brands.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    tcampbell said:
    It really surprises me that as much as eggs cost new people just don't want to pay a fair price for a used.If I couldn't get close to what I wanted just keep it.Everyone including myself brags on the egg,I have 5 don't know why people think used ones should be so cheap,if they don't hold resale no better than that maybe we should change brands.
    They don't hold resell because warranty doesn't transfer and parts aren't cheap.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • krobertsmsn
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So it looks like I need to call and verify what I thought I was told about the warranty. My memory (lol) says a receipt is what is required, which I have. (receipt, not memory, lol)

@Lit-how old, what kind of shape/what accessories incl??

I'm not out to rip anyone off, but I also am not out to be ripped off. I expect a loss. Fair is what the goal is. The demos don't include the expensive accessories ppl usually turn around and purchase in addition. I don't plan to give it away. If all it will bring is $250 w/accessories then it is off the table. That is less than 1/2 off.
    ;;)
    Rome, GA
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    It is tough because you are paying for the warranty. Without it, it's just not as valuable. 

I think you might have more luck selling it off the forum where you are not dealing with insane people like us who know every nuance and every deal. $100 off to a normal civilian is a good deal. But I have had my base replaced, my firebox and rings replaced 3 times and a platesetter replaced. My egg is 9 years old and only the dome remains from the original purchase. Everything else is under 2 years old. Having experienced all this,  I know the value of the warranty is way over $100 so I would have no interest at almost any price in a used egg.

Also, Brand new minis in the box were $299 at Salado this weekend. It was posted on here several times so the we all know that.  Most people not on here would not see that kind of stuff or spend hours a day talking finer points of the value of the BGE warranty.....god I need to get a life :))

i think you can sell it but I'm betting you will need to get outside the circle of fanboys and girls and sell it to someone who sees it as the value that you do. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    I also thought resale value was high...that is until you are the BUYER i guess.... :))
    Rome, GA
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    It is tough because you are paying for the warranty. Without it, it's just not as valuable. 

I think you might have more luck selling it off the forum where you are not dealing with insane people like us who know every nuance and every deal. $100 off to a normal civilian is a good deal. But I have had my base replaced, my firebox and rings replaced 3 times and a platesetter replaced. My egg is 9 years old and only the dome remains from the original purchase. Everything else is under 2 years old. Having experienced all this,  I know the value of the warranty is way over $100 so I would have no interest at almost any price in a used egg.

Also, Brand new minis in the box were $299 at Salado this weekend. It was posted on here several times so the we all know that.  Most people not on here would not see that kind of stuff or spend hours a day talking finer points of the value of the BGE warranty.....god I need to get a life :))

i think you can sell it but I'm betting you will need to get outside the circle of fanboys and girls and sell it to someone who sees it as the value that you do. 

You make good points. I don't think anyone is trying to rip off with $250 for a used mini. The reality is, aside from the CI cooking grid, the other accessories are gourmet buys that really don't add to the value of the egg. The mini egg really is something that is going to be bought by an egger as a 2nd or 3rd egg and those people aren't going to get excited about anything near retail or will look for a demo price.
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    Demand for mini is low, the price on them and your used is high.
    Looks like you will be keeping it, $300 may get a bite list it on craigslist.
    Don't feel bad, I tried to sell my airless paint sprayer. Got a few low ball offers and decided no way I'll keep it , maybe stain the fence and do some more projects with it rather than give it away.
    Seattle, WA
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Sooo...should I consider  $250-300 for mini and nest alone w/orig, unused grid, grate etc. Sell accessories sep?

TIA
    Rome, GA
  • SkinnyV
    Options
    List it and see, market sets the price. $275 maybe for what you are offering. You are going to have a long wait unless its a steal so list and sit back on what your hunch is.
    Few have chimed in with theirs.
    Seattle, WA
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    That may be a better option for you. Sell the egg as is with the nest and see if anyone with a mini wants the other accessories at half price. You might get a nibble on eBay for the accessories. Btw,did you really pay $100 for shipping. Adding that to the cost of the new egg won't get you any sympathy from a buyer....especially a knowledgable one
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    The mini I got for $100 was old but used less than yours. The gasket still looked brand new. The second I got for $140 was used more but in really good shape. The one I paid $140 for is the one I still have and the other a good friend of mine has. Its not just eggs I don't buy anything used for over 50% of its cost new or I'll just buy it new. Eggs are even worse due to how often they do crack and how expensive everything is. I have bought at least 5 used eggs in the past and am in the process of selling my remaining used ones and getting new ones with warranties. I just sold my small egg with plate setter and cast iron grate for $300 and it took a week on Craigslist to get $300 if that tells you anything.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • krobertsmsn
    edited March 2014
    Options

Yes, almost $100

It's just an example of the cost one will pay when they buy the stuff. I know that doesn't impress a buyer...They will see when they order them new themselves...

The stones -$36 were $57.35 shipped-see receipt below
    Mini BGE $400- w/tax $433-take my word 8.25% tax
    Mini CI grid Can't locate-call it $10 shipping and tax, it's not light
    High Que grate $25-no tax, shipping around $8
    Mini Woo-$55.99-w/shipping-total $68-see receipt below

I said approx. $100, I was too lazy to calculate it. This comes to $84.35

Ahhh, the hidden cost of owning an egg and eggcessories....

Order #53293 Contained the Following Items:Item DetailsPriceSubtotal:$55.99Shipping:$12.01Grand Total:$68.00 1 x Mini 10" Woo Ring 
    $55.99

Shopping Cart Contents (nothing is final until you submit your order)item#item descriptionunit priceu/mqtycostadjust quantity hererd88 x 5/8 Round Pizza Stone$18.00ea.2$36.00 change qty
     then click
     Order Subtotal:$36.00Shipping summary
    Box 1: 12.00 lbs.
    Click here to change shipping options.CA deliveries subject to $2.97 sales tax.Shipping weight: 12.00Orders will be confirmed via email.
    UPS Ground [30165] Shipping:$21.17Insurance:$0.18Grand Total:$57.35
    Rome, GA
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    I would post it on craigslist/eBay and take the best offer you get. An item is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. What you paid to buy this stuff new is irrelevant. Good luck.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • krobertsmsn
    Options
    Thanks for all the input!  $-)
    Rome, GA
  • dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    Options
    If you would be interested in selling (and shipping) the accessories, I can make an offer on those. 
       -Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    We sold them this past weekend brand new with the nest for $299. No question on lifetime warranty. Gave away 4 and sold 6. 10 is not shabby for a little Fest in the middle of Texas. Oh, 32 Larges as well.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Definitely consider eBay. People seem to pay more for stuff there. Lord knows I do. $-)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC.