Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

So, family ribs

I have been tweaking my ribs for as long as I've made them looking to make something my wife and her family would enjoy but that I could somehow have a source of pride in.

These were a failure in that department. But were not bad overall. Mustard and Worcestershire sauce before a typical rib rub. Stubbs sweet and A1 2:1 for sauce. Smoked over peach wood @ 350 dome.

Comments were too smokey and too rub based.

I'm down to that I'm going to brine baby backs, cook them with no smoke wood, and add 4 applications of sweet baby rays. Oh, and no rub.. Maybe sweet paprika to help form a bark.

image.jpg 2.6M
image.jpg 2.5M
image.jpg 3.4M
image.jpg 2.8M
image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,425
    Brine?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    lol you don't like that idea? If that's the only thing you have trouble with I'm in good shape!
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    I was gonna say no rub?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    You know, I thought these were ok. I've never had turbo ribs come out quite as good as when I cook at 275-300 dome. That my wife wanted them to be sweeter was telling. She prefers when I use oil as a binder. She prefers my old hand blend rub, which has no chili powder. She also thought the smoke was over the top. I thought it was about in line. When I looked under the hood I could still see wood on the two chunks I threw in. I think what she and her parents actually want is to go to the well on sauce.
    ·
  • They look good
    NW Iowa
    ·