Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck Dynasty--Kamodo Joe Cooker?

Options
Just got around to watching the season premier of Duck Dynasty.  Noticed for the first time a ceramic cooker sitting in background up on Phil and Ms. Kay's porch.  It was red, so assuming it was Kamado Joe.  Maybe Phil will smoke some frog legs or something this season.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I watched some ultimate pools show with SWMBO on HGTV last night. Three had BGEs in outdoor kitchens and one had an oval primo. Funny how they are spreading.
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    I saw that too. It's a Komodo joe. My dad just bought the same one. Phil's cooked on the show before, maybe he'll fire that thing up.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options

I watched some ultimate pools show with SWMBO on HGTV last night. Three had BGEs in outdoor kitchens and one had an oval primo. Funny how they are spreading.

I'd hope to stick a Komodo Kamado out by my pool if it was on that show!

XLBGE 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Even though it's a Joe, I would love to see that. Happy, happy, happy!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SmokinTiger81
    Options
    BGE marketing should ship a couple eggs to Willie and Jase--an episode with a grilling/BBQ challenge in the family would be perfect for that show--nothing rednecks would enjoy more than a little outdoor cooking challenge. 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    The new music video with Kid Rock and Hank Jr has a BGE in it. You can only see it for a second.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    How good was that first episode? Greatness.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    Options
    BGE marketing should ship a couple eggs to Willie and Jase--an episode with a grilling/BBQ challenge in the family would be perfect for that show--nothing rednecks would enjoy more than a little outdoor cooking challenge. 
    I can see it now.. Fun with flashbacks!
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    The Kamado Joe is a great cooker - used one before buying MBGE. No KJ dealer around me, would be great to see a BGE on the show.
    As @bccomstock says, Fun with flashbacks - given all the hair, both facial and otherwise, that would be some funny. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options

We watched that last night too and noticed all the eggs. I also started saving for a new backyard...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @chris_wang

Which one did you like? My favorite was the dude with the primo in Asheville, nc. The engineering on that pool was incredible.
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    @Eggcelsior The one with the aquarium in the grotto. I think it waa the one that also had showers and changing rooms in there.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• cajunduck
    cajunduck Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm gonna have to run out to Phil's house and set him straight. The local Academy probably gave him that.
    Geaux Tigers!! West Monroe, Louisiana
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options

Dunno about that plan. Phil always seems to come out one step ahead of Jace and Willie. I'm just surprised Phil wouldn't have bought a Pro-Joe. I'm pretty sure they can afford it.
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2014
    Options

I'm just surprised Phil wouldn't have bought a Pro-Joe. I'm pretty sure they can afford it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Cause that's how Phil rolls. He isn't no yuppie and still spends money like he's a poor redneck.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    Options
    A Jase and Willie cook off like the deep fried turkey episode would indeed be a good one.  And have an uncle Si beard shot after he forgets to burp the egg. 
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • TMay
    TMay Posts: 87
    Options
    I saw a BGE in the roundup weed killer commercial a couple weeks ago...  
    Rowlett, Texas