Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A couple of pics from the SSEggFest

NecessaryIndulg
NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
Here are a few pictures -- I'll have the rest up on my site by Monday.   For now, I need to sleep and digest so I can go back for the after party!  :D

What an incredible day!  
Huge thanks to everyone who made the Sunshine State EggFest possible!!
 Sunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFestSunshine State EggFest
=D>
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Beautiful setting and great pics!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Big Ragu
    Big Ragu Posts: 148
    Awesome. Looking forward to one making it to the west coast. Thanks for the pics
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Looks fun and food looks great.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Great time and tons of food at the afterparty. Weather was perfect and the cooks were over the top. Always great seeing you Kristi just watch out for those strange guys in the parking lots.
    :)
  • legomyeggo
    legomyeggo Posts: 113
    I'll be there today. Of course no one else will - it is over.Only need to wait another year and then need to remember it is on a SATURDAY and not on a SUNDAY! Dang!
  • FlaPoolman
    I'll be the one staggering around the parking lot picking up my egg

• Our second SSEF and it did not disappoint.  The food was awesome this year and what a gorgeous day!  From the brisket meatballs to the London Broil, everything was spot on!  Hope to be a part of it next year.  It's a great venue and a what great place.   Met some great new people and talked with some folks we met last year.  Had a great day! Thank you Bubba Tim,  Little Chef and everyone who cooked and did their part to bring this event together!!!!

XL - LG - 2 Mini Max
    Miami Fl.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Sorry I missed it this year. Hopefully next March I'll be there.
    Dunedin, FL
  • porta
    porta Posts: 88

I must have that "Egghead" shirt!

68% of statistics are made up on the spot.
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Whoa, does anyone have this recipe or know what it is?  looks fantastic!image
    Pentwater, MI
  • FlaPoolman
    That was jerk chicken cooked on wood that was laid on the grid. It was delicious.

• Wow...that sky sure is blue...haven't seen that in a while. ..
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    edited March 2014
    Very nice pictures! A nice place, a fun day and a great crowd! 

That was my first Eggfest, attended as a taster with my wife and two young boys. They tasted some but enjoyed the beach more, vice versa for me.  We came from West Palm Beach for the meet & greet and stayed until checkout time Sunday. And RELAXED! 

We especially enjoyed - 

Bubba Tim and Little Chef. The 'fest seemed to go off without a hitch. They are a very warm, friendly, and fun pair. I hope they were able to identify their 'successors', as they were advertising during the event that after six years this was their last event as 'hosts' and were looking for someone to step up and run the show next year. There sure were enough Eggsters there so odds should be good. We met George and Pat, too, who helped BT & LC organize, veteran Eggsters and very nice guys! 

T-shirts, stainless steel vent tops, various sauces, and other accessories were available. BGE dealer was there with all size Eggs and lots of accessories. The Biggest Green Egg is a little overwhelming, though. Suggested price was in the $5K range, not sure if it was really for sale or just for corporate WoW! That would also mean an AR from CGS would have to be around a grand if there is one. But then again you would have to be pretty good cook to live up to THAT kind of WoW!

Speaking of pretty good cooks. How 'bout the guys with the cold smoke Egg tops? They were making salmon tacos. They cold smoked salmon, then SV'ed it to 130F. It fell apart nicely in a taco where they added a little herbed slaw and drizzled something balsamic. THAT was WoW!

There's a picture above of the guys who were cookin' chicken Jamaican, Mon, style. They used small pimento wood logs to cook indirect, which provided the smoke, too. They had that and lots of other chicken, sausage, and meatball kinds of stuff, some with habenero that wasn't too hot! 

Maybe my favorite were the group that, when I was the hungriest, pulled out a triple rack of ABTs of all colors. Man, that sent a vibe through the crowd that rippled around for a while. Hit the spot!

There was plenty to eat, though the food and the crowd at times came in waves so things actually got a little tight out on the deck but that pretty much meant that everybody was having a great time and enjoying both cooking and tasting.

Finally, there was strawberry shortcake, grilled pineapple, and a group, who brought some of their own Eggs and grilled strawberries drizzled with a little sugared balsamic, lemon zest, and black pepper, which was interesting.