Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Flame Boss 1st run

Had a beef roast to cook tonight and the Flame Boss and the XL BGE were just sitting there, so..... I set up for a 350° cook and started the FB when the dome said 250°. Way too soon. It took quite a while to reach target temp, probably due to the size of the XL and the very cool windy weather today. Once the temp was on it was on. Never saw even 1 degree of variation of the pit temp except when I put the meat in. It went back up to the setpoint and stayed there like a rock. When the dome was opened, the fan shut down and displayed open on the LED panel. This was likely not a fair test as 350° is a bit higher than the low and slow temps I bought this for, but I am impressed with how everything worked under these somewhat adverse conditions. I believe the variable speed fan helps to hold the temperature so tight to setpoint.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Comments