Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef tenderloin

I put on my first beef tenderloin today so I guess we will see. Planning on doing it indirect until the internal temp gets to 120° then reverse sear it. Just finished the potatoes. I will post more pics as we progress. If there is anything I'm missing please chime in.
image.jpg 2.3M
image.jpg 2.7M
·

Comments

• Looking good so far
    NW Iowa
    ·
  • Ospreydog said:
    If there is anything I'm missing please chime in.

Yes, you're missing me!

Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • OspreydogOspreydog Posts: 89
    Wow what a great cut of beef, I will defiantly do a tenderloin again. Here are some more pics along with a homemade chocolate cake my wife made.
    image.jpg 2.4M
    image.jpg 2.7M
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 1.7M
    ·
  • ElCapitanElCapitan Posts: 154
    How long did it take to get the 120?
    XL Owner
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,178
    Nice work! Reverse Sear is my favorite way to do large steaks/roasts.
    ·
  • awmawm Posts: 177
    Ive never wrapped my therm. cords with foil before, is that something I should be doing?
    ·
    You wrap it to make it as uniform as possible, if you don't the thinner areas can slightly over cook. And with a cut of beef like that I don't want to waste any.
    ·
  • warwomanwarwoman Posts: 210
    Looks great, Dog! Indirect at what temp? Any rub or seasoning? Still don't understand about the foil wrap on the probe wire. Won't the thin portions still reach 120 before the thicker sections?
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
    ·
    Indirect at 350° rubbed with evoo and salt & pepper. The foil on the wire is just extra protection for the wire, mine is not one of the better ones. That's next on my egging toy list.
    ·