Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sea Bass about 2" thick

Options
Doing tonight on the grill. Simple just a little oil. Need idea on temp and rough idea on time. I know when it flakes it's done, just curious on a rough time for planning. Thanks James

Comments

• tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    I done a thick sword fish fillet a couple days ago.High heat for about 2 min.per side then 5 min.at med.heat and it was over cooked.It don't take as much time as you would think.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can cook it in 8 to 20 minutes, depending on how much heat you're applying.  Get an instant read thermometer and cook to about 125-130 internal, then pull.  Check the temp now and then and you'll get a feel for how fast it's cooking.  You can adjust the heat to slow it down or speed it up, based on your time constraints and how you want the outside to cook.  Thick chucks of fish need to be flipped, don't flip it too early or it'll stick on the grill.  Mayo is a good release agent against sticking.  I generally only will flip fish once, unless it's something that holds together well like swordfish, mahi or tuna.
    Options
    It won't take long. I grill mine at 400 raised grate and it will depend on the thickness of the Fish and not more than 10 to15 minutes I would guess. Keep the Thermapen handy and don't over cook. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !