Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

workout today

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Everyone likes to post their work out routine on Facebook so I did today ...

Facebook
In my best time yet I did 12 miles with the bike and then worked on my abs. Really pushed today. The ladies were drooling.

Reality
Drove 5 miles in my truck, biked 2 miles and 3 hours later loaded up and drove 5 miles back to the house. The ab work was a six pack...of beer. Stopped every 3/10 of a mile for a PBR. Pushed?...I pushed the bike up every hill. Drooling? ...Three women threw up when they saw me in my bike shorts.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Yeah I don't get people who post their workouts to FB. On the other hand, they probably think I'm a jackass for posting pics of my cooks.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

Yeah I don't get people who post their workouts to FB. On the other hand, they probably think I'm a jackass for posting pics of my cooks.

Maybe your cooks make them workout...
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Hey Henapple , did you bike have a banana seat....I bet your bike had the basket on the handle bars full of PBR....I know I would of needed lots of liquids.
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Planned to cut up atleast 5 of the fallen trees over the winter yesterday, chop and stack, in reality, started a fire, used up what was split already, what wasnt i put on whole, drank beer, watched bacon smoke in the egg, and drank more beer...
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Planned to cut up atleast 5 of the fallen trees over the winter yesterday, chop and stack, in reality, started a fire, used up what was split already, what wasnt i put on whole, drank beer, watched bacon smoke in the egg, and drank more beer...

Sounds like a great day.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Haws72688
    Haws72688 Posts: 41
    It's all a matter of pride.  I would assume you take pride in your cooks and in a similar vein people are proud of sticking with a workout.  As for the working out thing, it gives almost a small feeling of accountability as well.

I've done both, posting cooks and working out.
    Grand Rapids, MI
  • I don't post my workouts but am training for a marathon.  I run so I can eat whatever I want and have absolutely no regrets.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191

I don't post my workouts but am training for a marathon.  I run so I can eat whatever I want and have absolutely no regrets.

what marathon are you training for ?
    Toronto
  • BigWings
    BigWings Posts: 172
    To quote Zach Galifianakis - "I forgot to go to the gym today, that makes eight years in a row!"

New Brunswick, Canada

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

I don't post my workouts but am training for a marathon.  I run so I can eat whatever I want and have absolutely no regrets.

what marathon are you training for ?

Did you get a lamb roll and a quail yesterday?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• pantsypants
    I didnt make it out to Brampton yesterday because the meat I was supposed to pick up didnt make it there until late because they were doing 5 klm an hour from Kitchener .

I will be down there later next week to pick up a huge amount of meat for some people
    we will go for lunch then and aso you will aquire a large amount of meats
    Toronto
  • I am running the Kalamazoo Marathon  in Kalamazoo, Michigan on May 4th.  I have to go do a 18 mile run today.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

• leo123
    leo123 Posts: 101
    Sounds like your our kind of Iron man
  • pantsypants
    Sounds great !

I just ran the Ft. Lauderdale marathon a few weeks back and am training for a 50k trail run in a May .

is this your first marathon ? ?
    Toronto
  • it is my first full.  Have done halfs the last two years and a 25k about 8000 years ago.  Completed two sprint tri's and also my local Y did a "Lazy Man Iron Man" in January.  It started on 1-1 and we had all month to complete the 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and a full marathon.  It was a hoot.  It was all on the honor system.  Took me 22 days to finish.  I had but swim and run done in the first 10 days but the bike was a killer.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska