Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - What my kids want me to will them

A lifelong family friend lost her father last week. At dinner tonight we were discussing what each of his three children got. I could tell my 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter were listening intently. 

After the conversation I asked them what they wanted when I died.  My son immediately said "all of the guns and all of the ammo." This came as no surprise since he is so into hunting. 

I asked my daughter what she wanted and without hesitation she said "I want the Big Green Egg!"  I got a real kick out of it. 

Hopefully I won't be kicking off anytime soon, but it made me feel good to know that she loves the egg as much as I do. 
Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
·

Comments

• smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,716
    Sweet answer, if I was your son I would have said guns ammo and the egg. ;)
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,435
    Thanks for that post John.  You sir are the man!  My wife and I don't have children, but we have been very close to our nieces and nephews.  We have a total of seven, but only five eggs.  This is the excuse I've been looking for to pick up a minimax and maybe another XL!! :D :-bd

Think the wife will buy it??

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 964
    The lifetime warrant and the long life expectancy of the egg. Is why I bought the XL. I told my kids that one of them would get it after I die. Helped justify to wife.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,089
    I'm going to be cremated and they'll use the ash tool to scrape me out...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 3,189
    Thanks guys! 

@BOWHUNR 5 eggs! Now that is a lot of eggs. Go ahead and get those other two.
    Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
    ·
  • @BOWHUNR

An XXL and a MiniMax would complete the collection for now and make 7.  I'm afraid that would take a LOT of salesmanship on your part though. 

See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·