Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pigzilla is bagged. Wonder if he has an egg?

Options
Cookinbob
Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
Look at the size of this pig - 500 lbs, bagged 2 weeks ago in North Carolina.  The story is on Yahoo I bet you would need an XXL to cook the ham!
Jett Webb with the 500-pound boar he caught last month. (White Oak Ranch Hunting Club)

Breaking this bad boy down and cooking him up would make for some good threads on here!
XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
Rochester, NY

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    There have been numerous stories like this in the past and every one I have seen was trick photography. The guy with the gun in the back is really 10 feet away and the photographer is just far enough away from the pig to make it fit in the picture.
  • Cookinbob
    Options
    Maybe I am a fool, I read the story, I think it is legit
    Rochester, NY
  • RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    That is not a hoax. That hog was killed in Bertie County, NC, which is the number one peanut producing county in the state. They decimate the peanut fields up that way, and this is the result of the all you can eat peanut buffet. Here is another link with some different pics of the same hog. This is not the first one he has killed that size.

500-pound-bertie-county-hog

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• Cookinbob
    Options
    +1 I hit the white oak ranch website, here's a pic of a different hog killed there last year.  Looks for real to me.  and big!
    Rochester, NY