Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

VERY OT - Hey Texans! Tell Me About Lubbock.

2»

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    He's actually not overall.

Jeff Orr, however, has a documented history of douchebaggery.

That would not deter me attending TT. I'd actually enjoy giving Orr a hard time.

• It's a good thing Smart wasn't playing hockey or Mr. Orr might have had "Easton" tattooed on his forhead.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Aren't there more cows than people in Lubbock? I've always heard you can tell when the wind shifts (smells like cow pies)

The fans are known to be a$$holes and the ones I've met have supported that. We had some behind us cheering when RG3 got hurt. Who cheers when opposing team players get hurt? Bad sportmsan ship IMHO.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• biznork
    biznork Posts: 112
    I went to Tech for a few years. Played on the tennis team. I liked it when I was living on campus, not so much when I moved to an apartment outside the loop. I liked it there even though Lubbock smells like manure when the wind kicks up.
  • aem
    aem Posts: 146
    I've driven through Lubbock a few times.  The town literally stinks.  There are many stockyards there and depending on which way the wind is blowing the smell can be staggering.
  • Ha ha ha!  I just read the last comments to my daughter and she said "Ewwww!  Do they cancel class because it stinks outside?"
    Flint, Michigan
  • biznork
    biznork Posts: 112
    Nope. I specifically remember picking up one of the guys on my tennis team from NORTH Carolina at the airport. It smelled like manure when he arrived and he said, "I forgot how much I hated this place."
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Griffin said:

Aren't there more cows than people in Lubbock? I've always heard you can tell when the wind shifts (smells like cow pies)

The fans are known to be a$$holes and the ones I've met have supported that. We had some behind us cheering when RG3 got hurt. Who cheers when opposing team players get hurt? Bad sportmsan ship IMHO.

Oh guess that's where Eagles fans go to college.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    edited March 2014

Oh guess that's where Eagles fans go to college.
    It could just be the fans I've run into, but I've been to 3 Baylor Tech games in Dallas (one at the old Cottonbowl and two at Jerry World) and that has been my experience, but then again I'm sure every college has some of "those guys". Oh and @Fred19Flintstone in case you didn't know Tech and Baylor play every year here in Dallas now at Cowboy Stadium. aka Jerryworld akaAT&T Stadium akaThe DeathStar

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• "Those guys" are everywhere.  I tell my daughter, "Anywhere you go, you will have to deal with a$$hole$.  It's axiomatic."   Yes she's smart and knows what "axiomatic" means.
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Is that a log splitter?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    I thought Greased Lighting was axiomatic.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,041
    I lived there for 2 years after school, for work. It was a fun place to live and I'm sure it would be a blast to go to school there. The depot district was always a good time. Traffic is never really bad. The campus is huge! Literally covers a lot of ground. Several of my friends there were still in school and they all liked the campus culture there. Just like any city it has it's goods and it's bads and it's ultimately what you make of it. I still have friends there and visit a few times a year.
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    I went to tech for grad school. Traveled from Wisconsin in 1982. I didn't have a clue about what it was like before I got there. It was a shock at first, but it grew on me. The best sunrises, sunsets, and thunder cloud formations I've ever seen. It an arid climate so it cools off every night. If you like to Duck hunt, it's the very best. All roads run East West, and North south so it's easy to find your way around town. I got a great degree there and it has benefited me immensely. I never went back to Wisconsin and it's been over 30 years now.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Thank everyone for your input. I sure had fun teasing her about livestock odors and stuff! Her first choice finally came through, so I think my baby girl is going to USF in Tampa this fall. Daddy gonna drink a lot tonight (sniff!)
    Flint, Michigan
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795

Congratulations. 

Tampa is a great place to spend some time and USF has done a good job of growing from a largely commuter school to a major university. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• texbagger
    texbagger Posts: 90
    BOWHUNR said:
    It's kind of like Iraq only with cowboys.;)

Mike
    +1 on that!
  • My daughter just booked a trip to Lubbock to check out Texas Tech next month.  I thought that if she wanted to go out of state to school, the Florida school would be the hands down pick because we have family in Florida.  Texas??
    Flint, Michigan
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    They are their own person now. Sucks doesn't it?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

My daughter just booked a trip to Lubbock to check out Texas Tech next month.  I thought that if she wanted to go out of state to school, the Florida school would be the hands down pick because we have family in Florida.  Texas??
    ....sadly, sometimes that's exactly a reason.  Kids.
    My daughter went to TT and loved it. Great student activities and campus life. I only went up ther a couple of times a year so it wasn't too bad. I wouldn't be surprised if your daughter comes back with her guns up
    Arlington, TX  1 large, 1 medium, 1 Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone