Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Favorite Fast Food Place

Chris_Wang
Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
edited March 2014 in Off Topic
Krystal

I don't care who prepares it. The #1 with cheese is delicious.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

Comments

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Chick-fil-A

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chris_Wang
    edited March 2014

Chick-fil-A

The spicy CFA with lettuce, cheese, and tomato is spot on. But it costs my family $35 to eat there and we just have 3 yr old twins...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    mcdollar menu. wendys chili with cheese. probably hit the heavenly donut chain the most though for iced coffee and a cheese danish
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Chick-fil-A
    The spicy CFA with lettuce, cheese, and tomato is spot on. But it costs my family $35 to eat there and we just have 3 yr old twins...
    Right there with ya.  10yr old son and 8yr old twin girls.  They've taken most of my money and all of my sanity and they haven't even gotten expensive yet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mine is:

<span><span><span><span><span><span>java.sql.BatchUpdateException: error occurred during batching: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("BGE_THREAD"."FAVORITE"."FASTFOOD")</span></span></span></span></span></span>

Mine is:

<span><span><span><span><span><span>java.sql.BatchUpdateException: error occurred during batching: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into ("BGE_THREAD"."FAVORITE"."FASTFOOD")</span></span></span></span></span></span>

INSERT INTO 
      THINGS_SEEN 
      (OBSERVER, OBSERVEE, OBSERVATION, LOCATION_OBSERVED)
    VALUES
      ('SMOKEYPITT', 'NOLAEGGHEAD','What he did', 'there');

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• rcone
    rcone Posts: 219
    Chick-Fil-A

Culvers burgers
    "Feed me, or feed me to something; I just want to be part of the food chain" Al Bundy

LBGE, SBGE, Carson Rotisserie, Blackstone Griddle  

Milwaukee, Wisconsin 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I guess it's considered fast food. ..Taco Cabana in Texas....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Dicks in Seattle
    In and Out in CA
    Seattle, WA
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    In n Out.  No question about it.
    Southern California
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SkinnyV said:
    Dicks in Seattle In and Out in CA
    glad you added "in Seattle" on that one. ;)
    the worst is long john silvers, ours is a combo tacobell/ long johns, pick taco bell
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    SkinnyV said:
    Dicks in Seattle In and Out in CA
    glad you added "in Seattle" on that one. ;)
    Hilarious!
    Southern California
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Chipotle, 5 Guys, Popeyes, the pit beef place near Rolling Road and Security Blvd.

My wife would add Church's Chicken in NC for the fried okra alone.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,830
    Actually, Long John Silvers is a guilty pleasure of mine.  I only get to eat it about once a year because nobody in my family (or in their right mind) likes it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Acn said:

Chipotle, 5 Guys, Popeyes, the pit beef place near Rolling Road and Security Blvd.

@acn, Pioneer? Under the overpass? Oh yeah.
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Chipotle, Chick-fil-A, and Taco Bueno.  TB has much better beans and taco meat than Taco Bell, IMO.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • KennyLee
    KennyLee Posts: 806

I would characterize any place that has a drive through as fast food.  Given that, I like Whataburger and Sonic.  Wasn't crazy about In-n-Out at first, but it has grown on me after having a few burgers from there.  Haven't tried Five Guys yet and do like Chipotle as others have mentioned, just don't think of that as fast food.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Acn said:

@acn, Pioneer? Under the overpass? Oh yeah.
    Yeah, Pioneer. I couldn't remember the name. Some coworkers and I go there at least once a month for lunch.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    When we head south into the states, we always hit Taco Bell for sure, and when we see In and Out Burger, the vehicle just naturally finds their parking lot.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Mine is:

INSERT INTO 
      THINGS_SEEN 
      (OBSERVER, OBSERVEE, OBSERVATION, LOCATION_OBSERVED)
    VALUES
      ('SMOKEYPITT', 'NOLAEGGHEAD','What he did', 'there');

Hang on, I think I can see the problem.  You cannot create a join between "favorite" and "fast food" because they are invalid BGE data types.  Instead of using the BGE processing engine, try using a MAC.  Donald's that is.

Living Large and XL

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Don't you have Taco Bell out there or are the US ones better? I pigged out on them in LA back in the seventies but when they opened up here I was in once or twice and that was the end of it for me.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chris_Wang
    @henapple Taco Anything is good with me

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    @skinnyv @bicktrav I have never had In n Out, but it's on my short list of places to eat if I am out west

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    edited March 2014
    The ones in the states taste better, we have them here with Ken/Taco/Hut. But we never go there.
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Chris_Wang
    @ACN The peanuts and the massive bag of fries at Five Guys makes it even more awesome

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Don't you have Taco Bell out there or are the US ones better? I pigged out on them in LA back in the seventies but when they opened up here I was in once or twice and that was the end of it for me.
    Taco Bell is about to start serving breakfast...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Chris_Wang
    Foghorn said:
    Actually, Long John Silvers is a guilty pleasure of mine.  I only get to eat it about once a year because nobody in my family (or in their right mind) likes it

Same here. I like it, maybe love it. I eat there by myself with the kind retired folks.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    We don't have LJS here (thankfully) but we still have fish and chips shoppies in most places. They are disappearing at an alarming rate though.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Popeyes.....Moes
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!