Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Video: Part II of "We Really DO Cook on our BGEs"

Here is the second of two videos that Bruce made of the food we've cooked over the past year.  Hope you enjoy and might get new ideas for your own cooks. Thanks for looking! 

Kelley 
Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.

Comments

• RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688

Awesome! ^:)^

Can you share the recipe for the fireside smoked brisket chili?

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    I don't have it typed up yet in a concise format.  I'll try to get it posted by sometime next week. Getting ready for Salado right now.  Thanks for asking!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    After watching your videos I'm not coming to Salado to embarrass myself
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    henapple said:
    After watching your videos I'm not coming to Salado to embarrass myself
    I thought that is exactly why you are going.
  • EggObsessed
    Fear not, henapple.  We got our ideas and inspiration from the people on the forums.
    Kelley 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Job well done!!! 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • EggObsessed
    Thanks, Gatabites!
    Kelley 
  • EggObsessed
    Some of you mentioned that this cannot be viewed on mobile devices.  Bruce made a few changes and you now should be able to see it on mobile devices.  
    Kelley 
  • Justacookin
    Justacookin Posts: 291
    the  pictures I have posted show up like a thumb nails i will have to do better. What you did there is absolutely amazing. I even shared it with my wife and she really liked it to I think it was the first time she was interested in what I was looking at. 
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    RAC said:

Awesome! ^:)^

Can you share the recipe for the fireside smoked brisket chili?

I came here to request the same. Lot's of great looking food and a bunch of stuff I have never tried. My to do list just doubled I think.
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Beautiful!! Put a recipe book together.
  • EggObsessed
    Justacookin, glad you shared with your wife and are getting her more interested in coming over to the BGE side!!
    Kelley 
  • Thank you all for the nice feedback!  Kelley and  I love to try new things and create new things on our BGEs and glad we can share  the pics with you. 

BTW, We will be serving the Fireside Smoked Brisket Chili at the after party in Salado.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Those are some wonderful looking meals!   ^:)^

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• EggObsessed
    @SmokeyPitt- Thanks so much!
    Kelley 
  • henapple
    What's on the menu for Salado. ..or is it a secret?
  • EggObsessed
    @henapple- It's not a secret.  What are you planning to cook, if you don't mind sharing?

We are serving:

1)      Pineapple Gems (chili powdered dried pineapple wrapped in bacon with jalapeno glaze) something that we have done many times, but a favorite.

2)      Border Style (Chile Lime) Shrimp Nachos with Avocado/Tomatillo Puree.  We’ve made these before, but adding lime and cumin flavors to them.

3)      French-Onion Wonton Bites.  We have worked a lot on these this week and really love the flavors.  Basically you caramelize onions in beef consume with other herbs and spices, put them in a wonton cups, top with baby Swiss cheese and bake for about 10 minutes.  

W

Kelley 
  • henapple
    Please cook as far away from me as possible. @Mickey has threatened to make me cook 8 the Inn parking lot
  • EggObsessed
    Funny, @henapple!  Really...what are you cooking?  It's all good and it's great that there's such a wide variety of foods.
    Kelley 
  • henapple
    Smoked gourmet chicken salad
    Loaded baked potato soup
    One more app if there's time
  • EggObsessed
    Sounds great!  I'm a soup fanatic.  Can't wait to try yours...and great idea about the smoked chicken salad.  I've never tried that.
    Kelley 
  • henapple
    We'll see. Can't wait
  • EggObsessed
    Forgot to mention that we're making a batch of the Fireside Smoked Brisket Chili, that was shown in the video, for the after party.
    Kelley 
  • henapple
    Were ya'll there last year?
  • EggObsessed
    Yes, this is our third year to attend the Salado fest.  I don't think we met last year.  
    Kelley 
  • henapple
    You cooked the late afternoon desert?
  • Yes, this is our third year to attend the Salado fest.  I don't think we met last year.  
    he "went to bed" early.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    I was sick as a dog. ..and other problems
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    edited March 2014
    EggObsessedLowflyer you should make a cookbook. I really am impressed with your outdoor kitchen and I'm happy to see the beautiful gasser and double sideburner. I love my Kamados but I still use my gasser. The sideburner is a big plus also. Thanks for taking the time to share. Tim
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • EggObsessed
    @henapple:  Yes, I made the peach dessert....not my usual fare.  We kinda slacked at Salado last year, looking back on it.
    Kelley