Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salado Eggfest road construction on I-35, link for traffic and construction.

Options
Just a heads up that I-35 south of Dallas including the Salado area has been under construction for a while. I have been driving on I-35 between Round Rock and Waco the last couple of months and have learned to add some extra time for the trip, even on weekends. Construction added about 45 mins to my trip from Waco to Round Rock Saturday afternoon. You might want to allow some extra time for the trip. Here's a live link to check the status of the construction.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    So you're saying have a six pack iced down for the trip?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options

Thanks for posting the notice.

Spring "Fest Scribe" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    henapple said:
    So you're saying have a six pack iced down for the trip?
    YES
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Thanks.

Here, I made you a song.

Now in the world there is grills and smokers
    An' an' a lots of pork to be done
    The best place to smoke all our sausage
    An' an' I can't help it's so much fun

Oh no, we gonna rock down to Egger Avenue
    Our BGE goes so much higher
    Oh we gonna sear down on Egger Avenue
    And then we'll take it higher
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Waco up and back today. 
    South bounders will have easier time with the Salado exit.  North bounders will either take the first northbound exit and tiptoe thru the construction or go up to the "Downtown exit".  
    Cop alert.  North bound Jerrell.  Likes to sit on over pass and play tag team with his other badge buddies.  South bound (and North bound) Lorena. They have been very sneaky lately.  Using white trunk and parking with construction group. He nails you and his buddies up the road haul you over.
    If it says 60 don't take a chance, get in the right lane and do 60ish. (there are enough suckers that are doing 70+ thru the construction. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Post that on the real forum. ..we can't read.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    henapple said:
    Post that on the real forum. ..we can't read.
    That is why I used the "big" type  ;-).  See ya in a couple.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Eggcelsior- funny stuff.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    And.....I took my kid to get his drivers license in Round Rock Tx the other day and almost skidded of the road when I saw this:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I-35 just sucks. But Salado was 75 and Sunny. This late today. The Inn is ready. imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Hmm, 3 BGE's in Egger Acres too. 2 of them are mine.

And.....I took my kid to get his drivers license in Round Rock Tx the other day and almost skidded of the road when I saw this: image

Albert Einstein