Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Stuffed fllank steak

robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
This meal came out very good.

Chopped up a 1/2. Green zucchini, 1/2 a red bell pepper, sliced thin 3 cloves fresh garlic, 1/2 a small onion,

Got a flank steak. Laid it out on a dish. Seasoned with salt and pepper. Put chopped ingredients ont too and added some crumbled procuito,

Rolled the flank steakamd tied.

Got the egg to 275-300. Pecs /oak chips. Put the meat on the egg indirect for 1 hour. Put some potatoes on as wel". After the hour I pulled the meat off and continued to cook the potatoes at 400 raised direct until they were ready. Once they came off I cranked the egg to 500 and put on the CI grid on the spider. I coated the meat with olive oil applied by using fresh parsley and rosemary twigs. I then put the meat back on the spider and cooked ~2 minutes a side rolling the meat.

When done let is sit for 5 minutes and served.

All was good. Propanol would substitute the red pepper for a roasted red pepper instead next time as the raw red bell was a little much for my taste. May have roasted a little longer as well.

Garnerville, NY
image.jpg 1.2M
image.jpg 1011.1K
image.jpg 755.6K
image.jpg 872.9K
image.jpg 1.1M
·

Comments

• robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    And the a wine making pic for henapple

1 barrels worth.
    image.jpg 830.1K

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,918
    Looks good... You could always sautée the veggies first before stuffing the meat to help with the texture issue
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Thought about that and will try that next time as well.

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,320
    Way to get back in the saddle! Looks good

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,561
    Looks really good Rob.  Nice work!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • meat73meat73 Posts: 135
    Will try this might try a little blue cheese inside
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    =D>
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·