Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Picking up seafood - is it really that hard?

TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,184
OK, I don't let the Mrs. pick out any steak, or actually most meats.  Never know what she will bring home.  I thought I was safe today, asking her to pick up some bacon wrapped scallops and some shrimp.  The scallops are already prepared at Wegmans, so no issue there.  Asked her to get a pound of 16 - 20 shrimp to go with the scallops.
As I go out to light up the Egg, she happens to mention the shrimp are still frozen - solid.  Would have been nice to know earlier, but shrimp thaw pretty quick in a bowl of cold water.  The shrimp were 21-25/pound, so smaller than I was looking for, and they were not the easy peel, deveined which she knows I always get for ease of cleaning.  Prep time doubled, but they still turned out fine.
From now on, I'll probably pick up anything I want to cook on the Egg. 

Comments