Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerk Chicken . 1 pic

pantsypants
pantsypants Posts: 1,191
I did this last night .

Cooked at about 400  using Walkerswood Jerk rub and Pimento chips

The chicken was delicious .

I have spent much time in Jamaica ( for some old work , and no its not what you are thinking )  and this Chicken brought me back .

So delicious
Toronto

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Rastafari!!! I need to do this but I want to figure out how to add a bed of bay leaves under the wood on the grid.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    agreed ,  I saw some pics on line of people doing this , but they were also cooking the chicken @ 225  which seemed like a bad idea and I was strapped from time .
    There is probably an easy way to do this .

but overall this was truley amazing and had a very authentic taste and color
    Toronto
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Looks tasty! I love jerk chicken.

@Eggcelsior - try a frogmat or one of those grill screen type of things made for grilling small items, or even a pizza screen.. Go to an Indian store and see if they have large bay leaves. Lay them out on top of the frogmat or screen and lay the wood on top. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    @caliking, I have that, it's the part where I need to get the bay leaves to smoke but not burn. I've seen it done on a weber but I'm wondering if the PS will get in the way.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    What about a smoker box for a gas grill? That's what they are designed to do, right? Maybe not the aesthetics you're going for, but it may get the job done. I assume you wet the leaves first?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Yup. Saw it on Serious Eats but I want to do the whole enchilada, because reasons.