Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Busy Weekend

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200

We had a pretty busy weekend around these parts. Friday night we went out to dinner for a friend's birthday and then had some drinks. It was up early Saturday to clean house and get stuffed prepped. We were having some friends over and the plan was to brew an Irish red, smoke some ribs and do some ABTs. Mrs. G was on for boracho beans. The ribs were prepped, one with Bad Byron's But Rub (first time using it for us) and the other got teh rub @EggObsessed gave us back at the Plano Eggfest (really sorry I hadn't used it before. It got lost in the spice rack). Fired up the Egg and set the Flame Boss to 250F. Never touched it again and it worked flawlessly. I'd say IT FREAKIN ROCKS!!, but that's the Pitmaster IQ tagline.

While those were going, we started on brewing a batch of Irish Red. Used a recipe from The Complete Joy OF Homebrew, but tweaked it a bit. With the threat of rain looming, we had to brew in the garage. Here's my ugly mug adding a batch of hops. I think this was the final hops addition.

Unfortunately, we were so busy  that we never made any ABTs. And due to the amount of beers being poured, there were no final shots of the ribs or dinner. What can I say? We were having too much fun.

Got up Sunday and all I could think of was burgers and ABTs, but first we had to take my Mom out to lunch for her birthday. And then we had to run some errands. And then a nap. Not so much due to Daylight Savings time, but because I love to nap and I could. But then it was burger time. Well, ABT time first. These were tossed on the much neglected Mini at 350F

Burgers went on the larg at 500F

I was in serious need of a burger fix, and these did the trick. My only complaint was the meat. We went to Trader Joe's for the first time and got the meat there. Never again. Something about it was just off, flavor wise and texture wise. Looked at other meat, and boy are they proud of their meat. Very pricey. Overall, not so much impressed with the place. Although their salads looked good and I did pick up a few for lunches this week. Anyway, that's about all that we did this weekend. :)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments