Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just booked a flight to Newport, RI

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
Upcoming wedding in Newport, RI.  My wife and I are going to stretch it out into a small vacation afterwards.  I do not know much about the location (except the hotel/flight was expensive) so curious if anyone here has some suggestions for food/fun/etc.?

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    JFK and Jackie O got married in the Catholic church there.  It's a great place to visit.  Be sure to walk down by the waterfront. There are a multitude of restaurants and shops that are excellent.  (not cheap though)  Also be sure to go on the mansion walk.  You walk along the ocean and can look at the mansions that were built 100 years ago or more.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If you want to see how the other half used to live, you can tour one or more of the Newport mansions. The Breakers, for example, is a summer "cottage" built by one of the Vanderbilts. Ridiculous excess.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut