Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled cheese (not just for kids) brats and other things

U_tarded
U_tarded Posts: 2,041
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
Picked up this cheese a while back at trader joes. It is a harder cheese made for grilling or frying. It is kind of like a salty firm mozzarella but really good. Did the brats first then did the chicken and cheese while the hobo pack of Brussels sprouts finished up. Pretty good simple meal. All in all a good meal for some walking dead tonight

imageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    When you said grilled cheese...you actually meant grilled cheese.  That is really interesting.  That is quite an assortment of proteins you had for dinner!   I like the zombie gnome!  

WD was pretty good last night.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Pretty cool.  Looks like a great app for gamedays

Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Nice!! Not what I had in mind after reading your title! :) Looks tasty!
  • U_tarded
    Yes cheese that you grill, it was a hard title to come up with. It is different though and I thought I should share it.

When you said grilled cheese...you actually meant grilled cheese.  That is really interesting.  That is quite an assortment of proteins you had for dinner!   I like the zombie gnome!  

WD was pretty good last night.  
    @SmokeyPitt The wife wanted brats. I made the chicken for lunches throughout the week but it was looking good so I has a piece of that too. Walking Dead is was good this season is keeping you guessing for sure. The gnome was at my grocery store so I had to grab it last night.

• sstripes96
    sstripes96 Posts: 152
    I saw that cheese on Chopped last night on the Food Network. All the chefs were like...WTF?? A couple of them burnt the crap out of it trying to fry it in a pan.
    Bud
    Large BGE
    Lawrenceville, GA
  • U_tarded

I saw that cheese on Chopped last night on the Food Network. All the chefs were like...WTF?? A couple of them burnt the crap out of it trying to fry it in a pan.

This was the 2nd time I've done it on the egg. If pan frying it you would probably need some low heat I was turning it every 60 secs or so until I got a color I liked. My dome was around 350ish but the dome was open a lot. A few pieces got a little darker than I would have liked.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Wow, I've never seen cheese that you could grill without it melting.  I might have to give that a try.

Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.