Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker WiFi Help - fan never comes on

I am using my Stoker WiFi for the first time and the fan does not come on.  I selected the grid prob from the probe menu, selected the blower, selected the target temp, and nothing.  The pit is 20 degrees cooler than I want it to be and the fan is not coming on.  What am I missing?  I don't have to have the WiFi setup for this to work right?

Any tips?

Comments

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    You got the wrong kind of unit and it is prone to fail. You must get the unit that everyone says "freeeekkin rocks".
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    Pitmaster.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• I think i had the same problem before Charter came through & I could set up a network. Its been a few months ago but ...... you need to set the blower twice, first on the "main blower" menu & then on the fire probe menu so that the blower can be assigned to a particular fire probe.

PS it works great on my network.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Any update? Rock's BBQ told me to always turn off the unit the. Unplug and plug in probes. Never when it is powered on. This happened to me once but it was a result of water damage. Rock replaced have of the unit's insides for like $25. Anyway, please let us know what happened.
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • bigoz89
    bigoz89 Posts: 4
    I messed with it for 20 minutes trying to assign everything to anything with no change.  I will try it again one night this week to see if missed something. 

Thanks for the suggestions.
  • smokeyj
    smokeyj Posts: 340

Plugged in another port. Or maybe a bad probe.

I haven't heard that the stoker is known to fail. I have the original for a few years, never had an issue.

If you do have an issue Rock will take care of you.

• GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    I have had mine for 3 years without a problem.  They aren't prone to failure at all.  No more than anything else anyway.

I had this issue before.  I can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, but it was a setting.

1) Make sure that the WiFi is turned on on your unit.  I assume that it is if you are finding it on your computer.  

2) As said before.  Plug and unplug everything with the unit's power off.  

3)  Make sure that you have a blower assigned to run on your screen.  I had an issue with that at one point.  I ran through it several times before I found where I didn't have the blower turned on.  It was a year or more ago, so I can't remember exactly where I had it turned off.

Large BGE Decatur, AL