Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Max or others. I saw on Wees B's site you cooked some in Hotlanta. I wouldn't mind trying some on Sunday. I have my buffalo meat ready to go. In honor of the Bills. No kidding it is pretty good stuff.[p]Mike

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    actually, i made giada's italian quesidias. . .. [p]first, saute up some peppers and onion (i like to do this now in my wok in the egg). .. . set aside to cool[p]now set up your egg at around 425 degrees with a pizza stone. .. . [p]take flour fajitas, brush the 'outside' with olive oil... lay in some grated parmesan and fontina cheeses. .. add some some of the onions and peppers. ..we like to also put in some slices of pancetta (you could also use prociutto) .. . .fold in half and bake on the pizza stone about 5 - 8 minutes per side, or until the edges are crispy and they are slightly browned. . .[p]simple. .. .

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    I should have known I was going to need more Italian deli stuff? LOL
    Might have to wait. I have other ideas. [p]Thanks as usuall Max.[p]Mike

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    LOL. ..you can use just about anything. . .certainly the onions/peppers/cheeses you get at the grocery. .. . the meat is optional (it isn't even in giada's recipe) .. .[p]shoot, through a flank steak or chicken breasts on and use that with some shredded blend of cheese from the grcery along with the peppers and onion. . ..

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Hey Mike. My Canadian Dizzy Pig partner has a meat shop that carries buffalo meat (farmed) and I've tried a couple different cuts. I just find it brutally lean to try to do anything with; it just gets dry as a popcorn phart regardless of most traditional cooking methods. Is there a cut/recipe you would recommend for buffalo that might change my mind? The lady who provides the product brought in a prime rib roast that was well braised in liquid with veggies, but that seemed to me like making Sunday pot roast out of what should have been a/the top shelf cut out of the whole shebang.
    Sorry, I use skirt steak for fajitas so can't help ya much over what MMBE offered.....
    Qfan

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    BBQfan1,
    We got a small roast, like a tri tip and cooked until 125, rest until 135. It was great. It was tender and juicy. It was farmed raised as well. I'm meeting with him tomorrow morning, I will get the exact cut for you.[p]Mike

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    Those are a great choice for a tailgate. I did them once and everybody loved 'em. All kinds of stuff rolled up makes a great pregame meal.
    Here I grilled chicken breasts and added cheese, sour cream, and all kinds of veggies. The possibilites are endless.
    Good luck.
    ST
    62250803_0137ba97dd.jpg?v=0
    62250805_0588f7a568.jpg?v=0
    62250804_0e243d3a12.jpg?v=0
    62250802_e8acfb6369.jpg?v=0

• ccrider.disabled
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, I don't see any beer. How can that be tailgating? The fajitas look good though.
    Charlie

• Smokin' Todd
    Options
    62279877_49bf41a65a.jpg?v=0
    <p />ccrider,
    believe me, Sir, there is much beer at these events.
    This is the closest I can find in my files. Along with coolers spread out the area full of beer this table is for the hard stuff. There is actually a blender that eventually gets plugged in the truck battery.
    And below...beer is loved so much that one member of our tailgate actually took a beer cart home in the back of his pick up after it was taken apart:)
    62281355_3f26bd7fe8.jpg?v=0