Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Cooking this Weekend?

Options
2»

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    robnybbq said:

Nothing probably as usual. Tomorrow we are bottling this years homemade wine and will be out of commission by 5:).

But if I get a window on Sunday I would like to do a stuffed/rolled flank steak stuffed with peppers, zucchini, onions, prosciutto, garlic and glazed with some sort of herbed oil.

Pics please
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    henapple said:

robnybbq said:

Nothing probably as usual. Tomorrow we are bottling this years homemade wine and will be out of commission by 5:).

But if I get a window on Sunday I would like to do a stuffed/rolled flank steak stuffed with peppers, zucchini, onions, prosciutto, garlic and glazed with some sort of herbed oil.

Pics please
    Of the drunken variety

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Doing a pork butt overnight just because. I'll start a thread shortly
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Back from the store. Ribs and ABTs. Might have some frozen meatballs for Moinks and there just might be some bacon wrapped tots. Super excited to brew some red ale as well. Gonna be a good day.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    " I've been walking around looking like a question mark with a load in my pants"

This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Well done sir.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • pretzelb
    pretzelb Posts: 158
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I just put on my 2nd brisket. First time with a Thermoworks so I can monitor temp without opening the lid. 

Last Irish Red I made was a disaster. I think my yeast was too weak. Came out like a Belgian. I had to force that one down. 

Edit - I did make some turkey sandwiches from the breasts I cooked last weekend. Both me and my dad were doing a happy dance. Just the turkey, mayo, onions, tomato, and a bun. We are turkey sandwich junkies.  
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer 
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Cooked up an Asian marinaded London Broil tonight. Good eats. Not sure for the rest of the weekend. Depends on what we stumble upon at the grocery store tomorrow.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Friday night.  Fat slices of toasted Panera tomato bread with olive oil accompanied by Merzetta olives and hot peppers for dinner, then off to the hot tub to listen to book two of the Aubrey series (Post Captain) while sipping Bushmills on what may be the last chilly night for a long time.

I eat the olives and peppers for snack when, in the past, I might have had cheese or chips.

Nice night.

Sat and Sun on the BGE, garlic marinated thick pork chops, and hot smoked teriyaki turkey thighs.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Swung by the butcher on my way home from work.  Brisket is in the fridge and all signs are go for this weekend. Happy, happy, happy.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• JenGang
    JenGang Posts: 91
    Options

Rack of pork tomorrow night and deep dish pizza Sunday night.  The pizza was requested by the 20 year olds boyfriend.  Sounds like mom isn't a great cook and after eating here a few times, he told her he now understand why we are all dieting because he thinks I'm a great cook.  :D

Jen

Lakeville, MN

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Brisket, Mahi-Mahi, ABT's, Roasted Cauliflower heads, grilled veggies, and some ribs might make their appearance later this afternoon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I am going to do a Peri-Peri Spatchcock Chicken on Sunday. I found some Nando's peri-peri sauce which I plan to use as a marinate and cook indirect at 400 deg high in the dome for about 1 hour. Today it will be strip steaks..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • flynnbob
    flynnbob Posts: 665
    Options
    The neighbors!  Going to a party tonight and do not have to cook or drive!

Will probably do some steaks tomorrow. It all depends what the ladies want.
    Milton, GA.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I am going to do a Peri-Peri Spatchcock Chicken on Sunday. I found some Nando's peri-peri sauce which I plan to use as a marinate and cook indirect at 400 deg high in the dome for about 1 hour. Today it will be strip steaks..
    If you like it, be sure to check this out.  It is my go-to peri peri.

https://dichickos.com/products_peri_peri.html

Just ordered a gallon of the garlic, which is what we use the most of.  Doing garlic pork chops tonight.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    I'm afraid to admit this to you all - I have only egged 2 times ( ribs on one day and wings on the other, our 2 favourite things on the egg) this past winter. We have had the 3 rd coldest winter on record with record volume of snow. Most of my "free" days were digging out. I'm not afraid o the cold and do egg when I can just run out in a sweater and flip or whatever I need to do. Just don't like to have to bundle up at -25 to -30+ C to do it. We have also been doing a basement renovation which took up time.

But now, I think the worst is behind us and we are getting some normal temps starting today. -7 C is the high so pizza with my home made jalapeño and cheese meat sticks and another with home made chorizo.
    Tomorrow is a plus 2 C and it is a tri tip that I will just rub some DP on it and just enjoy the egg flavours that I have missed so much.

I might even start a day drink.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    +2C?  I am on my way out to trim the banana grove for the up coming spring.  Maybe I'll take pics.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    All trimmed up and ready for the Egg tomorrow.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    hondabbq said:
    I'm afraid to admit this to you all - I have only egged 2 times ( ribs on one day and wings on the other, our 2 favourite things on the egg) this past winter. We have had the 3 rd coldest winter on record with record volume of snow.

Like Winterpeg usually has mild winters?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    Options

Like Winterpeg usually has mild winters?

This is true but this one has been extra nasty.
    Just came in from digging out the down spouts. I am 6'2 and this is to the top of my head.
    Dug out the egg too. I have dug this out 2 times already so I am sure it would have been covered if I hadn't.
    The bump in the snow between the patio doors and the egg is where I have my deck box with my lump. I'll just go and get some from the shop I think.
  • hondabbq
    Options
    First pic didn't load.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    SWMBO Jr asked for chicken drumsticks tonight, and SWMBO asked for ribs tomorrow, so that's my cooking plan for the weekend. And while I won't be brewing anything except tea, the mentions of Irish Red inspired me when I went to the store.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Just brats today.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Hogman348
    Hogman348 Posts: 70
    Options
    Not sure about tonight yet. But here is last nights 1.25 lb choice ribeye. I honestly tried to save some for lunch today, but it was so damn good i plowed right through it including the half baked potato with cheese, butter, and steak juice.

Loving the reverse sear. finally got it figured out. Spider with cast iron low near the coals. cooked to 110 internal high on AR @ 400 flipping once. Then let steak rest and fire up to 600-700 and sear for about 45-60 seconds a side. perfect med rare with great char. sorry forgot to take a pic of it sliced.. i was too busy devouring it.  :)

Woodstock, GA
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    +2C?  I am on my way out to trim the banana grove for the up coming spring.  Maybe I'll take pics.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options

Just got back home after another week in Smyrna, TN. Tired, but wings on the egg tonite, Eggplant Parm being done inside on the big clock.

Am havin a couple a chilled ones and a "my father" on the deck watchin the wings.

Tomorrow is gonna be an early morning flight to nowhere, trip to Costco and will pick whatever is most interesting from this thread.

:D

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.