Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gluten Free Pizza

Wife wanted to try this recipe. It was pretty good...not as good as regular, but good. Crust is made of cauliflower and eggs.
Mark Annville, PA
image.jpg 1.3M
image.jpg 1.5M
·

Comments

• ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,719
    Interesting.  My neighbors/friends are strict gluten free.  You have a recipe?
    Thanks.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 548
    Here are two links wherei have posted about GF pizza. The family has been GF for three years.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1465717/#Comment_1465717

·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    @ChokeOnSmoke‌ it is really easy. Cut a head of cauliflower into florets. Chop them in a food processor until finely ground. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. Wrap the cooked cauliflower in a clean towel and squeeze until the water is all absorbed. Spread on parchment in a pizza shape. Bake on a stone at 400 for 40 minutes. Pull from oven and top with whatever you want. Bake for an addition 7 minutes and serve.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
    Firemanyz said:
    Here are two links wherei have posted about GF pizza. The family has been GF for three years. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1465717/#Comment_1465717
    Thanks, I'll take a look...
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
    @ChokeOnSmoke‌ it is really easy. Cut a head of cauliflower into florets. Chop them in a food processor until finely ground. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. Wrap the cooked cauliflower in a clean towel and squeeze until the water is all absorbed. Spread on parchment in a pizza shape. Bake on a stone at 400 for 40 minutes. Pull from oven and top with whatever you want. Bake for an addition 7 minutes and serve.
    Bizarre.  Never imagined you could make a crust with just cauliflower.  Have to talk to my gluten friends about this, thanks!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

·
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 7,895
    I tried it once, but only once. It's not really bad, but don't expect it to taste like real pizza. 

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    Agreed, @Carolina Q. Nonetheless it was still not bad.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·