Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BIG GREEN EGG INTRODUCES NEW MINI-MAX PORTABLE GRILL AT HPB EXPO IN SALT LAKE CITY

Options
124»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I use my large for low-n-slows and pizza.  My medium is dedicated to direct.
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll hang on to this one and send my mini to the beach house with my parents. June isn't quick here enough. I have 400 bucks from Christmas, now I know were to spend it.

I agree. I would hope I can be cooking on this thing for Memorial Day. Hopefully sooner
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I use my large for low-n-slows and pizza.  My medium is dedicated to direct.
    yeah, figured as such.  I think I will have to just get another large and a mini-max :D
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    grege345 said:
    They just announced the mini max on there site today with the XXL

what site?
    It was pictured on this site on the start up page with the XXL however I just looked for it and could not find it.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • PlanoPokes79
    Options
    Seems to be just a shortened small, so less lump and closer to fire so limited indiects and such. I'll stay with my weber smokey joe for small cooks.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    This doesn't have to be for small cooks. I have done 2 8 pound shoulders on my small on their side without adding lump. I bet if you get a good dense lump the mini max will go 12 plus hours. I have had my mini going over 8 without adding and that was at 300. I can't wait to see this thing but I would bet its not readily available till after the summer if not later. Look how long its taken to get the xxl out like a year and I still haven't seen one in a store. Just glad my KJ Jr should be here next week. I'm gonna catch little Steven soon.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

guess I am going to have to start squirrelling some cash away, so the wife thinks it only costs 150

and that's what you're going to tell her when you buy it! :D

Lit said:
    Yes they don't know when or how much
    They also denied its existence recently, according to another thread about the rumor :) Just sayin...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    June 2014 folks.

• AlohaCJS
    AlohaCJS Posts: 46
    Options
    ... And what exactly is a ConvEggtor? That's a new one. Is that a new term for the platesetter? P.S. Our local distributor here in NoVa says July. I guess I will go ahead and fire up the new Mini I just got.
    Chris
    Falls Church, VA
    Large & Mini
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Dammit... This size complicates things... Ideally another large, but this one is pretty sexy at that size to compliment my large, plus it seems like an easier sell to the boss after explaining the mini and small differences to her...
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Well, I think I know what show I am headed tomorrow. I was thinking I may just unload the small, but it kind of feels like the small might disappear. Maybe I will keep it as a collectors item.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Well, I think I know what show I am headed tomorrow. I was thinking I may just unload the small, but it kind of feels like the small might disappear. Maybe I will keep it as a collectors item.

grab a hold of that thing and get a feel for what it weighs. Then run

• MeridianSun
    Options
    I have been back and forth about the small and mini for camping. I'm totally down for this!
    Large Big Green Egg, Griffin Georgia 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    When I stopped by the dealer today they didn't hear about it yet. They did mention that they were having problems releasing the XXL because of shipping problems (breaking)

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I almost got a mini a couple months ago. This might be perfect for my second egg. Hope BGE or someone else comes up with an easy travel option for it such as the Egg Carten. Also need to make sure it will fit in my car trunk.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • JNJGoeders
    Options
    Whoa guys! Look at the fire ring. How much lump (by volume)can you get in there? Can it sit on a flat surface? Looks like it has the same lower vent as the small. Love that table though
    I just taked to my dealer abou this today, he said they designed it like the XL...they focused on the air flow so they didn't lose the integrity of what we all know and love about the BGE...I am starting a savings acct NOW for one...My dealer is going to a show again next thursday, so hopefully he will come back with pricing and eggcessory info!!!

Can't wait to take this thing on an ATV trip!!!
    Iowa, 1 BGEXL, 1BGEMiniMax, a truck, a camper and some horses and atvs :D Let's play!