Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Breast... Big Whoop! With a Few Pix.

As I mentioned in the Whats Cooking thread, I've been a little under the weather most of the winter due to being sick, sore back or because the weather sucked. This is my first cook in a looooooooong time. First cook thread in a while too. I'm keeping it simple. Chicken breast raised direct at 350ish.   Here's some phone pix.  Sorry, I couldn't find the camera.  I don't know what happened to the first one.

Has anyone used this rub?  I like it!

Peeping through the hole at the boobies.

I'm not a hipster.  Henapple groupie?  I leave that for you to decide.

Vegetarian???  What the...!  Fat free too.  I think Wilma is scheming.

Plated on the fine china.

I hope you're not bored to tears.  I'm just trying to get back on the horse.  Thanks for looking.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·

Comments

• grege345grege345 Posts: 3,267
    Glad to see you got the smiley face on your math homework. Good job buddy
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • grege345 said:
    Glad to see you got the smiley face on your math homework. Good job buddy
    Thanks for noticing!  I've been working harder since I got a frowny face last week!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,699
    Good looking cook...
    ·
  • GK59GK59 Posts: 499
    Glad you getting better Fred. The Spring air is waiting for you to fill it with the splendor  of GOOD smoke.

Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

·
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 793
    Glad you are feeling better and the weather is improving! Looks delicious!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422
    Welcome back and good to see you are feeling better. 
  • BustersdadBustersdad Posts: 218
    Glad you're feeling better...bet the warmer weather is going to help a bit
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,276
    Freddie, question on the vegetarian beans....does your off-gassing smell like a freshly mown lawn?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • weredaoneweredaone Posts: 53

just like riding a bike!!

·
  • Thanks for the good wishes!  Everytime it snows for the past month I've been driving to my Mom's to shovel her driveway.  Her mow & snow bastid decided to stop snow removal last month.  hurrah.  My niece is getting married next weekend so Mom's having houseguests which means I shovel the three car wide driveway so people can park and it doesn't turn to ice.  Her driveway looks great, mine sux and my back is toast. 

Steve, to answer your question, they don't smell like freshly mown lawn.  They smell like I imagine some grungy hippie in sandals who hasn't visited a shower in a while to conserve water and save the planet would smell.  That and I'm running one octave higher. 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    Nice!  I miss Vernors ginger ale. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,089
    The pic of the PBR with the flag in the background is much better than anything @Cazzy can do. You've got a phone camera and shoot better than his $4500 crap. Maybe it is the photographer.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,066
    If you're having beer problems, I feel bad for you son.

Drinking PBR makes you hipster #1!
    ·