Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New XL Purchased

I just purchased my new XL BGE today. Its gets delivered on Tuesday and I can't wait to cook on it. I got the nest, tables and plate setter. I will post photos when I get it.
XL, WSM 
Kansas City, Mo.
·

Comments

• td66snrftd66snrf Posts: 767
    Congratulations. Is it your first Kamado?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 946
    Congrats on the purchase!!! You got the right size on the first try!
    Bristow Virginia XLBGE One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
    ·
  • Glad you considered all the options.  The XL is a good choice.  I have had extremely good results cooking on mine and it made it easier for the wife to accept getting the Medium as it was not near as expensive.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • Ladeback69Ladeback69 Posts: 2,017
    It is my first Kamodo and can't to cook on it. My wife said OK, but doesn't know I got the XL. Its replacing my gas grill and last year I had to cook 20 to 30 burgers at one time. I thought this would better then getting the Lg. Better to have extra room then not have it. There is room to smoke a full brisket and pot of baked beans. The dealer said the XXl comes out in about a month. That would be to big.
    XL, WSM 
    Kansas City, Mo.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,219
    Congrats.  I love my XL. Best investment I've made in some time.

You bought it just in time for prime egging weather.  Enjoy!
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio
    "REMEMBER DUANE ALLMAN"
    ·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,299
    You will have fun if you like to cook for yourself and others.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,694
    Congrats!!! Get a good camera :))
    ·
  • Congrats!  I've had mine for 10 weeks and my wife is already talking about the next one. I debated between the L and XL, ultimately settled on the XL. Knowing what I know now, can't imagine having another size. Better set some money aside for those eggcessories!
    Justin in Denton, TX
    ·
  • Congrats...xl was my first too...When I started (6 mo ago) I thought the idea of having more the one was nuts... now I have another on the radar and it likely the first of several...

Suggestion...try it out food less first and get a feel for the controls and how they impact temps....try to hit like 250 and hold...then go up to 350...then back down...observe how long it takes, ect... was a great lesson for me... maybe read the recent post on eggcessories you regret buying...more great info...

What are you planning for your first cook?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
    ·
  • jhl192jhl192 Posts: 793
    Great! I love mine. You now have no excuses for not producing great meals!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE 
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 9,933
    Welcome to the community.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,049
    Welcome to the addiction. 

XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • Congrats on the new Egg.   That XL is a beast...a workhorse of a cooker. IMO

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • fadaxfadax Posts: 29
    I recive mine yesterday !
    Milano-ITALY
    ·
  • damnedhooligandamnedhooligan Posts: 151
    edited March 2014

Claremont, CA - XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

·
  • When you first get her...make sure you take a picture like i did. This is the first and last time you will see her like this...:((

780a65cf.jpg 86.3K

Claremont, CA - XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Congrats & welcome to the family of XL owners!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • JEC23JEC23 Posts: 131
    edited March 2014
    You'll never regret getting the XL, you can always put less on something big, you can never put more on something smaller. If I was going to but another egg to go with my XL it would probably be another XL!!

·
  • KtimKtim Posts: 364

Welcome,you had better stock up on the Budweiser!

sumpter township Mi.
    ·
  • I bought a large, now I wish I would've bought the XL.
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    ·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 6,403
    Welcome, XL was my first as well.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • GaBGEGaBGE Posts: 146
    Ordered my XL last week. Was hoping it would be here by today but I wasn't that lucky. Enjoy!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,133
    Welcome abroad and enjoy the journey.  Degree of Kool-Aid consumption a matter of personal choice.
    Louisville
    ·