Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain EGGfest 2014

Options
Who is going to the Georgia Mountain EGGfest in May??

Comments

• trout1
    trout1 Posts: 104
    Options
    My son and I are planning on it. I enjoy that location. Is your Dad and Mom going?
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    I should be there with my wife and some close friends! Getting tickets soon I hope.
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    We're planning on it.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    My self milesofsmiles, son smiley, son in law warlord. we will be cooking good stuffs
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Bruce and I are going for the first time.  We are flying in from Texas and are going to cook.  We owe Egret a ton of gratitude for all his help with getting us set up on the Georgia side.  What a great guy!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138
    Options

KayNOcook and I will be there cooking. It is one of our favorite Fest and we would never think of not going to it. The Meet & Greet is a blast.

See ya there Jupiter Jim / Gator Man

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• outrageous
    outrageous Posts: 803
    Options
    We will be there cooking  for fourth year in a row. Great fest,   they have gathering on Thursday for early birds and a great meet n greet on Friday,  it reminds you of the old church dinner on the grounds, everybody brings a dish plus 4-5 eggs/are set up ,   sat. Is hard to explain, it is the best fest you will go to!!!!

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• Gator_Man
    Options

Paul, I forgot about the Pre Meet & Greet on Thursday!!!!!! We arrive in the campground May 5th and depart May 19th. We love the campground, Fest and hanging out with John & Joan Hall. It is just a wonderful area to visit.

Jupiter Jim / Gator Man

• warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    Plan on being there with SWMBO and friend. Not cooking....at least not this year! Building courage to cook next year!!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • laserdoc85
    laserdoc85 Posts: 577
    Options
    The wife and I and 4 others already have tickets
    Jefferson .GA.  
    Been egging since 1985 on a medium egg
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Gator_Man said:

KayNOcook and I will be there cooking. It is one of our favorite Fest and we would never think of not going to it. The Meet & Greet is a blast.

See ya there Jupiter Jim / Gator Man

Why the dual handle Jim?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We have 12 cooks going.
  • Beagle1
    Beagle1 Posts: 37
    Options
    see you there
    Atlanta, GA and Watts Bar Lake, TN
    2 LBGEs
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    i'm pretty sure my wife & I will be there. I'm not cooking, but plan to enjoy tons of great food! See you there!
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Linda and I will be numbered in a group of Texans making the trip this year.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Gator_Man
    Options

Little Steven when I tried to get on this board it would not let me use Jupiter Jim so I went with Gator Man and I don't know how to change it. Got nay ideas???

JJ

• Conway_Twitty
    Options
    i'm pretty sure my wife & I will be there. I'm not cooking, but plan to enjoy tons of great food! See you there!
    man- why wouldn't you cook?????. I've been checking out your blog and all those awesome pictures. if I could cook like that I would do it for sure. 
  • BckPorchGriln
    Options
    I'll be there! How can I resist when I'm only 30 mins from the fairgrounds! Can't wait to come and mingle with some you! Always nice to put faces with names!
    Demorest, Ga.    1MBGE
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    Options
    We will be there. Already have our tickets and looking forward to a great time at a great venue. Thanks to John and Joan Hall for all their work.
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • BigGreenCraigdotcom
    Options
    man- why wouldn't you cook?????. I've been checking out your blog and all those awesome pictures. if I could cook like that I would do it for sure. 
    Ha! Thanks! I guess I didn't sign up soon enough. I do plan on having a tent at this year's EGGtoberfest in Atlanta. Are you coming?
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My wife and I will be there.  Already booked the room and got our "tasters" tickets.  Forgot to click on the meet and greet but Egret said come anyway.  We are excited and look forward to learning a few tricks. 

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Gator_Man said:

Little Steven when I tried to get on this board it would not let me use Jupiter Jim so I went with Gator Man and I don't know how to change it. Got nay ideas???

JJ

Check JupiterJim. You should have had a username setup automatically. I had two there for a while.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    edited March 2014
    Options

The only way I can tell you is this way.... Go to greeneggers.com, at the top of the page click on Eggfest Central, click on GA Mountain banner, Registration scroll to the bottom and you will see the list of attendees.  Don't know why this won't let me go back to the above line but you get the idea.  Spring Chicken and I will be there to keep those wild Texans under control.  Egret will have enough problems with that Georgia crew. Heaven help us if Canada and Florida show up.

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    John and I will be there! :D
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.