Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another AR question

What's your favorite option? Does everyone use the sliding top rack? I'm leaning towards just getting all the options but don't want to get anything people don't use...thanks
Greensboro, NC

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited March 2014
    get it all. i didn't get the extender and slider at first but I actually cheated Tom out of his travel extender last year at Salado then quickly ordered the D grid slider. It's all good. Unless you think you will catch @tjv at a weak moment at an eggfest after party where you can hustle him out of his spare parts, just go legit and order them now. You won't be sorry. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    This.

Hefty price tag but no regrets. Adjustable sliders, extender, spider, stone, drip tray, welder's gloves too. And a second pair of grid grippers is handy....
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • Brimo
    Brimo Posts: 53
    Don't forget the 16" pizza stone!
  • Prodraft
    Prodraft Posts: 22
    I bought the whole AR setup, now I have a LBGE platesetter for sell.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566

The only benefit the plate setter and the Woo has over the AR is when doing a single layer indirect at the felt line you get more real estate. That and I like my home made raised grid from the an AR oval and four bolts better then the AR extender. To me the grate moves to much with the extender. Honestly both set ups have their place and wouldn't give up either one.

The slider works but the clearance on a lot of cooks inhibits its use unless you use the extender. With that said if I were to do it again I would still buy the complete set up along with an extra oval and the round grate minus the extender and make my own again. And while you are ordering pick up a set of the drip pans Tom offers, they fit the AR perfectly.

The oval stone is almost a must with the AR.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    My favorite option is a EOTech sight.  Oh wrong type of AR?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    @bucky925 - Polymer lower?
    No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen