Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

day drinking

Options
2»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    henapple said:
    Coffee and Jameson is a good start.
    With hash browns?
    I puke till noon
    But after that, you're ready to grill, I mean, go.
    Options
    In my youth the "Breakfast of Champions" was beer and chocolate chip cookies-still pretty tasty after many laps of the sun.  Not a lot of skill involved!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Bacon, eggs and Bloody Mary is a good start to any day. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I save the day drinking for Saturdays. But night drinking, well, damn. I gotta go to bed. 8-}
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    I see no difference in drinking during the day time or in the evening. It is never to early to drink, but always to early to quite
    Pure Michigan
    Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    henapple said:
    Coffee and Jameson is a good start.
    With hash browns?
    I puke till noon
    I can't even smell Jameson. Back in college I was invited to a Jamenson Whiskey tasting, long story short, blacked out, passed out a short time later. Now the smell makes me dry heave.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,967
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Miked- Then go with Bushmills. Problem solved. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

Miked- Then go with Bushmills. Problem solved. 
    Even better, cross the Irish Sea.

Scotch Scotch Scotch Scotch Scotch
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    does getting up at 3am and cracking a cold one count as day drinking, i dont know why a 3am ice cold beer tastes so good, even a canned bud
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    My only recommendation - day drinking requires companions that are also day drinking.  (Tailgates, eggfests, etc)  It's OK to take a mid day nap to keep the train rolling. AKA boozy snoozy.

Day drinking alone in the morning is more Nick Cage "Leaving Las Vegas"  than George Thorogood "I drink alone"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

Never put much thought to it, but if you start before 12, wouldn't that be morning drinking? All I know is that I've walked/stumbled out of bars twice this week, had to squint and fumble for sunglasses. Does that count as day drinking? Much thanks goes to Lakewood Brewery who was handing out samples of beer last night at the bar down the street. And curses this morning for the way I feel, but damn I love their Temptress

Beer Name: The Temptress

Beer Style: Imperial Milk Stout

ABV: 9.1%

IBU: 50

SRM: 32

This seductress is like dessert in a glass. It pours with a thick milk chocolate head. Chocolate and caramel malt give it a complex and rich body. Lower carbonation gives the beer a silky mouthfeel. She’s voluptuous and will sneak up on you with soft alcohol warmth. Take your time with her and she’ll reward you.

Food Pairing: Robust bleu cheese, dark chocolate and decadent sweet desserts

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Damn that looks good.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • makis
    makis Posts: 81
    Options
    It has to be PM somewhere...
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    Oh NO!!!  Don't go posting pictures of that Imperial Stout.  I may need to call in wasted!!  Now that's what I call beer!!! 
    Santa Paula, CA
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    It's Day Drinking when you have a good buzz on when you would otherwise only have just started drinking. 

That should be all encompassing ... It certainly clears up any questions about weekends.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    tksmoke said:
    Oh NO!!!  Don't go posting pictures of that Imperial Stout.  I may need to call in wasted!!  Now that's what I call beer!!! 
    It was quite tasty. The bar down the street has specials on Texas beers and Texas alcohol on Thursdays. I tried some Franconian, Fireman's 4, Four Corners and lots of the Lakewood Brewery. I tasted some free bbq, but the ribs hasd no smoke flavor and were falling off the bone with some nasty sweet sauce and the pulled pork...I don't know what to say but nasty. Good thing I just went for the beer and not to eat.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    There's a start time? News to me.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Nice thread Henapple!

LOL
    Saldo on calendar for next year. Will try my best.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Griffin said:

Never put much thought to it, but if you start before 12, wouldn't that be morning drinking? All I know is that I've walked/stumbled out of bars twice this week, had to squint and fumble for sunglasses. Does that count as day drinking? Much thanks goes to Lakewood Brewery who was handing out samples of beer last night at the bar down the street. And curses this morning for the way I feel, but damn I love their Temptress

Beer Name: The Temptress

Beer Style: Imperial Milk Stout

ABV: 9.1%

IBU: 50

SRM: 32

This seductress is like dessert in a glass. It pours with a thick milk chocolate head. Chocolate and caramel malt give it a complex and rich body. Lower carbonation gives the beer a silky mouthfeel. She’s voluptuous and will sneak up on you with soft alcohol warmth. Take your time with her and she’ll reward you.

Food Pairing: Robust bleu cheese, dark chocolate and decadent sweet desserts

This make me happy. I call that a good week.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    The day drinking big deal around here hath spoken

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Day drinking in Salado?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I expect so.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • henapple
    Options
    I'm in
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I expect so.

You going Bro?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Day drinking... I'm assuming by Day you mean any word denoting a 24hr period of time?

I'm in... If it ends in a Y, for sure I'm in!
  • henapple
    Options
    We get one more hour of daylight to drink tomorrow. ..which is good. One more dark hour in the morning.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @henapple-at the risk of the obvious-you still get 24 hours to crank it up or dial it in, just may impact the next day. And you may actually lose an hour of day drinking depending on how you sort it out.  After all, most of us in the lower 48 have to turn the clock ahead to get even for that 25 hour fest we had last November.  But once you get past that first lap of the clock, who cares?  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just needed to double check on this, weekends don't count, right? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • henapple
    Options
    Never
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    henapple said:
    Never
    Thanks, just checking, things are getting weird.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker