Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.


In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribs

tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
Cooked approx 3-1-1 method. Slathered with APL recipe (mustard, apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar and honey). Rubbed with red eye express. Pecan wood for smoke. Cooked two racks this way. One rack was much better than the other. Bought from publix in cryropac. The rack in the photo turned out very nicely. The other one, not so much.
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments

  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    They look amazing. Why you think they turned out different
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    My guess is that it was as simple as one good rack, one not so good. Not sure I will go with the cryropac again. They were the only stl style they had that day.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Did they lay in the egg east to west or north to south?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    North to south (front to back) in a rib rack.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 3,701
    They do look amazing! I get mine from publix too, but I get them in the fresh deli section. (Baby backs) and I do 311 too, turns out great every time.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,808
    Nice looking ribs! The glaze looks superb!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    tulocay said:
    Cooked approx 3-1-1 method. Slathered with APL recipe (mustard, apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar and honey). Rubbed with red eye express. Pecan wood for smoke. Cooked two racks this way. One rack was much better than the other. Bought from publix in cryropac. The rack in the photo turned out very nicely. The other one, not so much.
    What be the "3-1-1 method?"
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    311 method is 3 hours cooking in rack or on grate, 1 hour wrapped in hdaf, then unwrap from foil and cook for another hour or until done.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • fruitguyfruitguy Posts: 205
    grege345 said:
    Did they lay in the egg east to west or north to south?
    tulocay said:
    North to south (front to back) in a rib rack.
    It is possible that while you think you were North to South your egg was actually pointing East and caused you to cook East to West
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    I think you are right. Must change that!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,575
    tulocay said:

    My guess is that it was as simple as one good rack, one not so good. Not sure I will go with the cryropac again. They were the only stl style they had that day.

    Ever cut your own from spares?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
Sign In or Register to comment.
Click here for Forum Use Guidelines.