Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stlcharcoal/pitmaster

Options
I sent an email to Jonathan at St. Louis Charcoal requesting information about the Pitmaster. He contacted me immediately, after a short discussion on the pros of each controller he carries, I decided on the IQ110 based on my technical ability(or lack thereof). He mailed out the package the same day and it arrived as promised two days later. I haven't tried the Pitmaster yet, but Jonathan at St. Louis Charcoal FREAKIN' ROCKS!

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @stlcharcoal‌ is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    @stlcharcoal‌ is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
    +1.  A man of his word for sure.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    I have made several purchases from Jonathon.  He is a straight up guy and delivers as promised.  It is a privilege to have such a person with good business practices on the forum.  Email him you will not be disappointed.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    @stlcharcoal is a great guy to do business with and shoot the bull with.  A+
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    He makes great lump Charcoal too! 
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    Agreed.  Posted a few Fridays ago here as to where I should buy it.  someone said st Louis charcoal.  An hour later, it was in the mail.  Had it Monday.  boom, now THATS instant gratification!
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I don't post too often, but let me say, Jonathan sold me my Pitmaster ... Many thanks for the great price and fast shipping. Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Eggpharmer
    Eggpharmer Posts: 479
    Options
    Agree 100%. I've done two charcoal group buys and bought a fire grate and pit controller. Great person to do business with.
    Austin, TX
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    I don't see any links on the site to anything other than charcoal, might be because I'm on my phone right now. Am I missing a link to the pitmasters?
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    Options
    GeorgeS said:
    I don't see any links on the site to anything other than charcoal, might be because I'm on my phone right now. Am I missing a link to the pitmasters?
    I think you need to email him.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options

@GeorgeS

Contact Jonathon with a private message.  This is just something he does on the side for forum members from what I gather.

A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Options
    He sent me a message literally right after I posted. He is definitely on top of his game!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Options
    I don't know what software is used that lets stl and others moniter their names but it freakin rocks. I had a high school buddy that someone was searching for in a facebook post. Within about 2 minutes of when he posted the other guy responded. Amazing stuff.
    Southern Indiana
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited March 2014
    Options

^:)^

Thank you to everyone for the kind words.........We live by the golden rule, treat customers how you who like to be treated as customer.  And the second rule, assume all customers are like the owner [me]--impatient and demanding!   :!!

I don't know what software is used that lets stl and others moniter their names but it freakin rocks.

Google and some diligence.  There are some online reputation companies that you can spend some major money with, but they are more for search rankings--bumping the good stuff, suppressing the bad stuff.  Otherwise, Google can do the most for free.

Either way, I have to monitor this since when you get popular, your competitors get jealous.  Some want to ride your coattails, others want defame you to their level.  Just this week we have had two confirmed trademark infringements--one of the corporate name, one of the brand name......then last night I heard an unconfirmed claim that the lawyers are looking into today.  Cease and desist letters go out, then you watch and wait to see when (not *if*) they start up again.

GeorgeS said:
    He sent me a message literally right after I posted. He is definitely on top of his game!
    What can I say........charcoal is my life.  :)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I don't like Rockwood and hate Jonathan. ..see day drinking post.

=))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    henapple said:
    I don't like Rockwood and hate Jonathan. ..see day drinking post. =))
    Good thing you added the "I'm really kidding" laughing emoticon guy or I'd have to mark you as a troll, son.
    :(|)
    Options
    Vi already has... :-?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN