Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STB ex-wife took my BGE

Comments

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    It sucks she took it, but it is easily replaced with a new one.  Now if it was like some old car you spent years restoring, that could be worth fighting for.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    edited March 2014
    A lot of great advice here.  I do appreciate it fellas.  I'm not going to lose it (mushroom cloud nolaegghead :) ) over this.  There is NO DOUBT that it WAS worth the loss (of the egg of course).  But it's nice to get a little sympathy here - it was shocking and hurtful for sure.  So thanks.  In the end it's a possession and only a possession.  Not a person.  It can be replaced. 

And @grege345 you definitely made me smile - "Before you know it you'll have a new girlfriend half your age and you won't have time for eggin anyhow "

SOOOO true!
  • nysportsfan
    nysportsfan Posts: 241
    I feel your pain. I lost my first egg table to an ex fiancé when we broke up. Sucks but cheaper than the alternative,
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457

She's pressing your buttons.  Knows you value your egg and that's probably the only reason she took it.  Now, you could turn into a mushroom cloud layin' mother-f*ckah, which would feel great for about 10 minutes before you landed your ass in jail, or you could be civil about it and show up at her new love nest with a few deputies and charges of theft.  I'm a civil guy.  10% of the time. 

After reading Nola's response I might ask a question Has the belongings already been sorted legally? Not challenging Nola's thoughts but maybe changin mine. If sorted and assigned legally and the egg was to be yours you should nail her ass to the wall. Stealing is stealing. If assets weren't designated I would prolly pick my battles on the bigger things.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
      I'm a civil guy.  10% of the time. 
    Really? Maybe 5% of the time at your best. Too cold for you you to be out chasing beads?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    So have you called or texted her and bitched her out for taking the egg?

I hope the answer is no!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Botch said:

minniemoh said:

At least she only took your egg... my ex-wife took my house.

My new bride swore in her vows she'd be a great housekeeper.

With the divorce, she lived up to it.... 

Hahahhahhahhhhaa. That's a good one.
  • Let's start a collection. That's just plain wrong.
    LBGE, Burgeoning Accessories
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Swallow your pride.

Ask to cook on it one last time.

Then make sure you start the lump with a whole can of lighter fluid, and pocket the bottom intake slider.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    caliking said:

Swallow your pride.

Ask to cook on it one last time.

Then make sure you start the lump with a whole can of lighter fluid, and pocket the bottom intake slider.

I like where you're going with this.

I vote that you do 6 butts at once with no drip pan. >:)
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Man! ...  God....  ****...
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

Man! ...  God....  ****...

• Man! ...  God....  ****...
    Boy man!  Thanks for the smile. 
  • legomyeggo
    legomyeggo Posts: 113
    I thought my ex was evil... Taking your egg!! Good lord.
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

Someone else mentioned the division of property.  If it was officially agreed to - as in a separation agreement - usually there is an equalization payment.  If the egg was to be yours and she took it - she has violated the agreement and you can either 1) up the value of your equalization payment to include a new egg + whatever accessories she took or 2) demand through your attorney that you get it all back.

When I got my divorce we agreed to everything amicably up front.  I got the truck, she got her car.  When I decided to downsize my truck and sell it + some of add-ons separately she saw red and decided the equalization wasn't fair.  She demanded and extra $5,000 in settlement at the 11th hour of the agreement.  My lawyers advice - was pay her once, or pay the lawyers plus end up paying her something anyway.  It hurt me financially a lot - every penny counts in starting over but I'm glad I didn't escalate the fighting.

I feel for you but depending on your situation you might have some recourse.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    edited March 2014
    Sad part is having a lawyer deal with the issue will probably cost you as much as a new egg. I say let her have it, she's just trying to piss you off, which means you already "won".

I've seen so many people argue over property in divorces that ends up only giving more money to the lawyers and less money for both of you.
    Aurora,OH
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    There is only one thing to do the next time you see her.

Strut.

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Save your money and the headache and just buy a new one like everyone has suggested.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Best $800 you ever spent...............good riddance.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    We don't want a war of passive aggression.  This kind of thing can escalate.  Have fun with the f*ckin' egg.  Buh-bye.  ;)

Eat, drink and be married to someone better.
    What the hell are we going to do? Having you both back at the same time might just crash the damn forum! :P
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    how cold...... Sorry for your loss(EGG)
  • I've never been divorced so I'm blissfully ignorant of that hell, but I've been a widower with a nine year old daughter. Don't look back. Keep moving forward. Should you marry again, make sure you pick the right one. (I was gonna say "Use your big head, not the little one", but that sounded vulgar and offensive. I'm glad I thought better of it.) The current Mrs. Flintstone is the last one for me.
    Flint, Michigan
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Hey sorry about your egg , but just to correct you I get your name !!

Huge Phan , been seeing them since 1992

also dont tell PT they would probably make fun of you , question your sexuality and ask you to kys .

Amazing what that scene has spawned !!!

Toronto
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'd send her all of your accessories and lump. ..tell her to enjoy. On a side note, could I get her new address?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    cazzy said:
    What the hell are we going to do? Having you both back at the same time might just crash the damn forum! :P
    let's try a little SQL injection! @{drop table users}  ;)
    Sorry to hear about the Egg! Not cool at all!! I agree with the others, it will probably piss her off more if you ignore it. I like the idea of sending her all the accessories!
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    edited March 2014
    Keep the accessories for your new one unless you are buying a different size.  If she wants to Egg, she can buy her own. If on good enough terms, ask her if she has it or did the folks helping her move out take it as "payment" for their help.  That would be theft.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    I'd just go to wherever she is and get it back