Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STB ex-wife took my BGE

When I was out of town on business she moved out.  The move-out was planned and more than OK by me.  But she took the egg.  Which was not planned of course.  She's never used the egg or even touched it.  She would have zero clue how to use it.  But when I got home from my trip it and her stuff were gone.  What to do fellow eggers?  It's a sad sad day.

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    That's below the belt. Ouch! I'd be pissed
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jls9595
    jls9595 Posts: 1,533
    Sorry man, that sucks.  I agree with Hapster though :))
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Damn. Maybe her mover took it by mistake? I'd call her and ask.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    keep an eye on craigslist also in case shes trying to just be hateful and sell it. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Wow horrible story

%$#^ that
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Your call tag is pretty ironic though @YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • rtt121 that's pretty funny.  and true.  My screen name is based on a song from my favorite band Phish.  YEMTrey is probably the only one that gets it.  But its never been so true has it?

YEMTrey do you think I should tell PT?  They might hunt her down!  :D
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Does the lifetime warranty cover stolen eggs?! HA I'd file a police report!
    NW IOWA
  • hapster said:
    Advise your attorney...

Then let her know how easy it is to do pizza and neglect to mention about burping it :))

LOVE this. 

"you have to get it to about 800 degrees and leave it closed for about 25 minutes.  Then open it quickly and put the pizza on"   :))
  • Man...that's almost as low as taking your dog...midnight shopping trip to her new place or storage unit?
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited March 2014
    Don't know what to say except you aren't going to win this one. That said you will end up happier and healthier. I have eight eggs with the woman I love that I married second. Of course she would have been 9 the first time I got married.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Chalk it up as a well worth it trade off. Buy another egg.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    edited March 2014
    Sorry man, but why does the term "screwing you get for the screwing you got" come to mind?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    At least she only took your egg... my ex-wife took my house.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Just consider it a clean burn.
    NOLA
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Don't know what to say except you aren't going to win this one. That said you will end up happier and healthier. I have eight eggs with the woman I love that I married second. Of course she would have been 9 the first time I got married.

my new idol ^:)^
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Even my wife said that was a low damn blow.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    My wife just gave me some advice from a female perspective.  You were probably spending way to much time on the eggheadforum and neglecting her, so she stole it to spite you. 

Seriously...that sucks man.  I don't know how all of this works, I guess you have to wait and sort it out with the attorneys as to "who gets what".  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    I discovered a great deal of pride and the first steps to recovering my soul when I left my ex who cared for nothing but herself and wealth. I took nothing but the clothes on my back.

All things, even eggs, are just things. It will chaff her ass and serve you well to just let it go. She can sit on it.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    My wife just gave me some advice from a female perspective.  You were probably spending way to much time on the eggheadforum and neglecting her, so she stole it to spite you. 

Seriously...that sucks man.  I don't know how all of this works, I guess you have to wait and sort it out with the attorneys as to "who gets what".  

that's some perspective @SmokeyPitt is there a warning in there ?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    grege345 said:

that's some perspective @SmokeyPitt is there a warning in there ?
    Indeed! I better get my @$$ off the computer and spend some quality time...

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    My Ex did the same thing, never once opened the lid.  When it came down to splitting property and money, it was included and deducted from what I had to pay her. Instead of fighting for it, I decided to buy one the B@#CH never ate off of. Just wished I wouldn't have tightened the bands that one last time.  Oh well, the reason why divorce is so expensive is because it's worth it.

• cazzy

77 posts...the forum isn't at fault this time around. You and I....that's a completely different story. Hah
  • cazzy
    TonyA said:

I discovered a great deal of pride and the first steps to recovering my soul when I left my ex who cared for nothing but herself and wealth. I took nothing but the clothes on my back.

All things, even eggs, are just things. It will chaff her ass and serve you well to just let it go. She can sit on it.

Yeah...don't even bring it up. Act like it never happened and she'll be even more butt hurt about it. Lets just hope that whatever guy that starts using it becomes a good member. :P
  • cazzy
    Come to Salado next weekend and get a demo and some of my **** brisket!
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    That sucks about your egg getting napped. I know it will be hard but let this one drop, I bet there are gonna be bigger things to fight over as the story progresses I hope not but that is how they tend to go. Get yourself a fresh egg to go with your new life. Best of luck to you man.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    She's pressing your buttons.  Knows you value your egg and that's probably the only reason she took it.  Now, you could turn into a mushroom cloud layin' mother-f*ckah, which would feel great for about 10 minutes before you landed your ass in jail, or you could be civil about it and show up at her new love nest with a few deputies and charges of theft.  I'm a civil guy.  10% of the time.