Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post bumps

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2014
    Options

I could alsmost believe what @Cazzy states that they can kill a thread by not bumping it.  I tested this theory awhile back when  I made a pretty racist remark in order to troll on myself(boredom, and I created a second account). They didn't shut that one down. So im thinking its probably a glitch with vanilla...although BGE could set certain words to be filtered in order to bump it in the forum in order to push them back..to the nothingness...

Lmfao...don't even try to pull that chit and say you made the comments in order to troll. I'm quite confident that your comment wasn't an expirement. Any way I look at it, you're a racist in my book and always will be to many on this site.

I try to avoid any direct interaction with you, but I'm not going to stay quiet while you sit here and try to falsely justify your comments. Even after several of us called you out, you proceeded to make more inappropriate racist comments from a secondary account. That definitely showed me that you're a racist idiot who doesn't think before he speaks.

Yes...somebody can post the Michael Jackson gif of him eating popcorn lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options

I remember that post well.

• cazzy
    edited March 2014
    Options

Did you think it was made out of boredom or an expirement to see if they would kill the thread?
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    cazzy said:

Did you think it was made out of boredom or an expirement to see if they would kill the thread?

LOL, absolutely not. Im curious as to the and I created a second account comment as well actually?
  • cazzy
    Options

cazzy said:

LOL, absolutely not. Im curious as to the and I created a second account comment as well actually?

His secondary account was @Fortoday‌
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Where is that damn sink button???

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    A good test is to bump travis' brisket thread.  @Cazzy tests that regularly.  I keep thinking @travisstrick will retaliate by bumping @cazzy's first ever post. :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Hey im lost. What is troll or troll on ones self? Can some one explain this to me. If its some thing ugly or nasty then please no need to explain it. Thanks

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @SGH this is from Wikipedia:

troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SGH said:
    Hey im lost. What is troll or troll on ones self? Can some one explain this to me. If its some thing ugly or nasty then please no need to explain it. Thanks

"trolling" on the internet means to deliberately make comments designed to incite or evoke a reaction and/or arguments.

From the fishing term, "trolling".
    NOLA
  • cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:
    Yeah...nothing good.  These aren't the droids we're looking for.   >:)
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy
    @buzd504
    @johnkitchens
    Thanks fellows. I think i get it. If i ever say anything that could be considered a troll please let me know so i can refrain. I try to chose my words carefully and not ever offend anyone.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• AlbertaEgger
    Options

SGH said:
    @cazzy
    @buzd504
    @johnkitchens
    Thanks fellows. I think i get it. If i ever say anything that could be considered a troll please let me know so i can refrain. I try to chose my words carefully and not ever offend anyone.
    I dont think it will be any issue SGH , if you read some of the posts from Trolls its mostly pure crap.
  • Diptip
    Diptip Posts: 45
    Options

I could alsmost believe what @Cazzy states that they can kill a thread by not bumping it.  I tested this theory awhile back when  I made a pretty racist remark in order to troll on myself(boredom, and I created a second account). They didn't shut that one down. So im thinking its probably a glitch with vanilla...although BGE could set certain words to be filtered in order to bump it in the forum in order to push them back..to the nothingness...

Don't let them get to you, they will go away but the voices in your head will never leave.
    In an idiots head.
  • SGH
    Options
    @mountaindewbass
    I have no idea what you said that they are referring to and i dont want to know. But let me say this. The good book says (Judge not lest ye be judged also). I myself count you as a forum friend. I hope others will also in time. It also says (Let he who is without sin cast the first stone). Brother im certainly in no position to cast any stones. It is my hope that we we all can count each other as friends and as a BBQ family. God Bless us all.

Status- Standing by.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    @SGH - you got no worries. Everyone can tell your passion for good food.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @SGH I don't think we will ever have to worry about you! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SGH
    Options
    @Mattman3969
    @johnkitchens
    As always thanks for the kind words my friends.

Status- Standing by.

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    haha you guys are funny. get out your popcorn indeed
    BTW I received an A For that paper. 

How did yo ugo back in and change what you wrote 5 min ago? Because there was certainly more to your comment than just that?
  • SGH
    Options

How did yo ugo back in and change what you wrote 5 min ago? Because there was certainly more to your comment than just that?
    I saw it too. I think big brother got him.

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    Options

What a damn coward. He definitely took out quite a bit. Open mouth, insert foot again.
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy

Can people edit there own post?

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @cazzy
    I saw it too. Did he edit it or moderators?

Status- Standing by.

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy

Can people edit there own post?
    You can edit your own post for an hour after it's posted by clicking the little gear in the upper right of your post.
    NOLA
  • SGH
    Options
    @buzd504
    Thank you sir.

Status- Standing by.

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy
    Im just glad you and @cazzy saw it as well. Thought I was going to look a little crazy when I asked.
  • cazzy
    Options
    SGH said:

@cazzy

He edited the post. Telling you man, this guy is no good brother. Not casting stones either. ..it's a duck!!
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    @cazzy
    Im just glad you and @cazzy saw it as well. Thought I was going to look a little crazy when I asked.
    I saw it then it was suddenly gone.

Status- Standing by.