Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post bumps

Options
Mattman3969
Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
edited March 2014 in EggHead Forum
I just tried to replied to @RRP thread about smokey lump on page 2 and it wouldn't bump then I reply as a test to @hapster "endless winter" thread on page 3 and it did bump. What gives? Sorry for using your thread Hap but you do have some fine pics on there!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I usually see it happen when corporate wants to kill a thread. I had a pretty huge thread about a MBGE at Costco and that thread went bananas for multiple days. Eventually it stopped bumping and it died.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I have been wondering the very same thing as there have been other replies to that thread of mine today that didn't bump it either. I thought maybe there was some option to select like Greeneggers forum has so you select how to follow topics of interest, but I found nothing on this Vanilla forum.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited March 2014
    Options
    So the BGE lump wasn't getting enough "Hell Yea's" and people know that RO is the same thing only less expensive and the upper dudes didn't approve.....

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited March 2014
    Options
    FWIW-I have made many post comments that do not automatically update the thread stream.  I get thru that by hitting "refresh" on the forum header bar.  Works for me if I'm even addressing the issue here.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    FWIW-I have made many post comments that do automatically update the thread stream.  I get thru that by hitting "refresh" on the forum header bar.  Works for me if I'm even addressing the issue here.

And just where is this refresh bar you speak of? I don't see it.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options

I just tried to replied to @RRP thread about smokey lump on page 2 and it wouldn't bump then I reply as a test to @hapster "endless winter" thread on page 3 and it did bump. What gives? Sorry for using your thread Hap but you do have some fine pics on there!!

Thank you sir :)
  • Mike_the_BBQ_Fanatic
    Options
    I noticed it last night on my reply too...thought I was Goin crazy...
    Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @RRP-Having recently moved to Apple after many years of Windows, using Safari it is to the far right in the address bar that contains the egghead forum web address.  With Windows it is the refresh icon at the top right of the forum page.  Again, no tech eggspert here and will correct this post Weds AM if wrong with Windows as I work with that OS.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    The same thing happend on a thread where I was talking about kamado joe.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Just checking... Edit: this bumped with an update, but one to the other didn't move again! Strange...
  • RRP
    Options
    RRP said:
    Just checking... Edit: this bumped with an update, but one to the other didn't move again! Strange...
    I can't post an update without doing a "quote" - strange way to get in, but so be it!
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    If I do a post on my iPhone or iPad (safari browser), I have to refresh the display to see the bump - otherwise it does not show.  On my Windows machines (Chrome browser) it always bumps (or actually refreshes) automatically.

Now FWIW, I was under the impression that this form was not moderated by BGE corporate.  Is it? 

XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • RRP
    Options
    Me thinks we are confusing the issue here - a refresh will show what YOU have just posted, but a bump is when you or anybody else posts a comment and it moves the thread back to the top of the discussions. What we are talking about is new replies not bumping and staying off the first page and just buried amongst older threads.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I have never had any issues ewith threads bumping to the head of the list. Every post I submit posts, then I hit my back arrow to return to the forum list of threads and the list is always updated. I use Windows with either IE or GoogleChrome (depending on which computer I am on. Also never have a problem with my iPhone.

For a week or so I have had problems uploading pics from any device.

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• RRP
    edited March 2014
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    I have never had any issues ewith threads bumping to the head of the list. Every post I submit posts, then I hit my back arrow to return to the forum list of threads and the list is always updated. I use Windows with either IE or GoogleChrome (depending on which computer I am on. Also never have a problem with my iPhone. For a week or so I have had problems uploading pics from any device.
    Then you are going to just have to trust several of us that select threads will not update and bump forward. But if you don't want to believe us then give me a minute and come back to this post and see what happens when you post a reply to it - it will not bump forward and that is what we are talking about. Give me a minute...
  • SGH
    Options
    @RRP is correct. There was a thread a few days ago wish I could remember the name of it and some of us were talking about rival ceramic cookers and it would not bump.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dldawes1
    Options
    Does it bump ???

I believe ya brother, I was just stating my past experience.

Many apologies if I offended,

Donnie

• dldawes1
    Options
    Bumps for me.

Maybe I'm flying under the big brothers radar !!!!

• RRP
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    Does it bump ??? I believe ya brother, I was just stating my past experience. Many apologies if I offended, Donnie
    no offense taken! But have you clicked on that link I put in? - I even posted to it again asking you by name to try it yourself
  • dldawes1
    Options
    The thread is dead !! 1st time that has happened to me !!!!

The theory is correct.

• SGH
    Options
    I just tried bumping it with no luck

Status- Standing by.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    A little research- it looks like there is an option for moderators to "Sink" a discussion. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• alynd
    alynd Posts: 130
    Options
    That's pretty weak on BGE's part if you ask me.
  • dldawes1
    Options
    If I log out and look at the smoke thread , today's posts are not even on the thread.

• dldawes1
    Options
    Now the thread bumped ???????

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    A little research- it looks like there is an option for moderators to "Sink" a discussion. 

I think this is the answer. It's the moderator's prerogative, so whatever. The only thread I miss that was sunk was the "What are you drinking tonight" by our prehistoric Redwings fan.

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    I can't see why that tread was sunk. It makes you wonder how many more discussions were buried and who the grim reaper of threads might be? Any way, here is a bump to the "post bumps" thread with links to the sunken thread :)  
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Big brother is watching..
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    cazzy said:

I usually see it happen when corporate wants to kill a thread. I had a pretty huge thread about a MBGE at Costco and that thread went bananas for multiple days. Eventually it stopped bumping and it died.

Rofl, the eggs that magically got to Costco, they had no idea how!
  • SGH
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Big brother is watching..
    Agree 100 percent.

Status- Standing by.