Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

National Pancake Day

Notational pancake day is today, march 4! Do you have any pancake inspired Egg recipes planned??

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Nope, didn't know there was such a day. But now that you mention it, this one looks great!! From the cast iron skillet link I posted the other day...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @Carolina_Q - Isn't that a blintz? Don't make them often, SWMBO prefers crepe. 

Actually - Mardis Gras - or Fat Tuesday is the day all the good stuff is eaten and used up before Lent, in much of North America the day before Ash Wednesday (first day of Lent) has been called pancake Tuesday, now just National Pancake Day, it fits. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Searat
    Searat Posts: 80

Pancake Day is originally British.

Fat Tuesday ... God Bless my Mardi Gras friends.

Enjoy your day whatever your excuse. Bacon, Pull Pork, and sweets plus a little wine to wash it down. My friends tell me it's all health food on Fat Tuesday.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Skiddymarker, beats me. I don't know from blintzes. Just thought it looked great and every reference I have seen called it a pancake. Of Dutch or perhaps German origin I think. It apparently became known here (in 1966) through a Craig Claiborne article in the NY Times where he credited David Eyres.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Wow Michael, that's a good looking recipe.
    Should make a super dinneer for Ash Wednesday.  Thanks.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon