Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craigslist small NIB with nest $400 Boiling Springs SC

http://greenville.craigslist.org/for/4338242687.html

Its in Boiling Springs SC

He just dropped it from $500

I just emailed him and it is still avalible.
Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone

Comments

• Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Could it be shipped and arrive intact?
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    This is pretty tempting.  I could turn it into a little weekend vacay in Asheville to boot.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    FYI it is not mine. I just saw it and thought I would pass it along.
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    FWIW: I paid $400 last fall for a used one (great condition). It came with nest, platesetter, woo and cover. I had compared to getting a brand new one in Nashville for $475 (nest and accessories are extra so ~$600-$650 all-in), so you might be better off trying to negotiate down for this one or going new from dealer and get the warranty (Would think $75 for the warranty is worth it..).

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    bet they have not registered it yet for warranty....I bought one the same way and registered it....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    If you buy a new egg that has not been registered I think you also need a receipt for a claim according to the warranty.  According to the latest warranty info:

11. INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR CLAIM: Proof of Purchase is required. A purchase receipt 
    showing date of purchase and name of Authorized Dealer from which the EGG or other BGE product 
    was purchased must be provided with any Warranty claim. For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser 
    is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase 
    receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required

So, if the seller has a receipt and has not registered it, I think you could still make a claim.  The only complication might be is if there is some other name on the receipt.  However, based on this statement above it doesn't seem like that should matter.  If you have the receipt, and it is registered in your name then you should be able to make a claim. 

Long story short- if interested ask the seller if they have the receipt and if they have already registered the egg.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    If you buy a new egg that has not been registered I think you also need a receipt for a claim according to the warranty.  According to the latest warranty info:

11. INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR CLAIM: Proof of Purchase is required. A purchase receipt 
    showing date of purchase and name of Authorized Dealer from which the EGG or other BGE product 
    was purchased must be provided with any Warranty claim. For Warranty purposes, an original purchaser 
    is the person whose name appears on the purchase receipt, or is in possession of an original purchase 
    receipt, and who has registered their BGE Warranty as required

So, if the seller has a receipt and has not registered it, I think you could still make a claim.  The only complication might be is if there is some other name on the receipt.  However, based on this statement above it doesn't seem like that should matter.  If you have the receipt, and it is registered in your name then you should be able to make a claim. 

Long story short- if interested ask the seller if they have the receipt and if they have already registered the egg.  
    Sorry to bump this...but I just noticed that I linked to an older copy of the warranty and this is not longer current.  The latest version on biggreenegg.com does state that your name has to be on the receipt for a warranty claim.  Just didn't want to leave bad info out there! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    I check Craig's list last night and I think he must have sold it already. I could not find the add
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @Cookinbob - I would not consider  having an egg shipped. Maybe if it was a mini... but not any of the others. If shipping doesn't eat up whatever you were saving, it would be a near miracle if it arrived intact via FedEx or UPS.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    I was considering buying it, but my wife wouldn't let me. :( The idea got struck down real fast.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Dyal_SC said:

I was considering buying it, but my wife wouldn't let me. :( The idea got struck down real fast.

Yeah. I've got one of those too. Got the same reaction when I tried explaining the benefits of a mini max. I even tried the camping angle, as I'm building a teardrop camper, still no go. Guess I'll have to squirrel away my leftover cash lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I plan on selling my small and my mini black Egg to get the MiniMax.