Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Pork Loin, It's a hit!

Found a nice pork loin at the market so decided to try stuffing and smoking it. Mixed spinach, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and Gouda cheese. Fired up egg and settled temp at 400.  Placed wrapped loin in tray and smoked with apple wood for 2 hours.  Added a side of squash and pineapple.  Excellent!  Will definitely cook this one again.
imageimageimageimageimage
XLBGE, LBGE, 2 Superior SS-2 gravity feed smokers;  Medford Lakes NJ

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @Tbonesmokes
    Awesome looking grub! I see that you cook in a pan. I like to finish light meats in a pan myself. Again it looks great.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• I usually do not use a pan but figured I would try this cook with one to keep the cheese from possibly melting all over.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Looks very good.

Garnerville, NY
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    I usually do not use a pan but figured I would try this cook with one to keep the cheese from possibly melting all over.
    How did you like the pan method?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Pan did what I wanted it to do on this cook.  Probably will not use it again.  I like cooking right on the grid.